AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Id these frags for me and also tell me where they should be positioned in the tank? I am new to this and would appreciate any advice. Ex: Up top close to light or down low away from light. Thank you

DSC02478.jpg

DSC02479.jpg

DSC02484.jpg

DSC02487.jpg

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
It all depends on what size tank and lights you have...my suggestion is to start off by placing them low and then move them upwards if not sure.
1st looks like zoas or palys of some sort (could be wrong)
2nd and 4th pic could be a lobophyllia (maybe a dif. angle would be helpful).
3rd pic is zoas

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
pic number 3 is star polyps, you can probably throw them on the floor step on them a few times and they will do good so basically anywhere, pic one either looks like a ricordea or an anemone, and the other 2 - i have no clue

daaznmofo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
pic 1 - purple efflotauria (forgot the spelling) - type of xenia
pic 2 and 4 - look like a lobo (i could be wrong)
pic 3 - green star polyps

AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thank you... I was told the 1st is a purple effloflouria, the 2nd and 4th is a green toadstool and the 3rd is green star polyps. Yup you are right about the polyps. At first I thought it was on its way out but that things sprung right back to life and starting blooming once the light was turned on. Where do you think I should position these frags? High flow, low flow, high light, shady areas?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: