mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[email protected]":1nmp2rig said:
If I were on the board, I'd at least fix the spelling of my name.

HA!

Matt, you're better than the whining and sour grapes.

I would not call this "whining" nor "sour grapes"...granted "bitterness" would be synomous at some level. No, I think it's terribly important that people who would do the things that they've done do NOT get a free pass.

Concentrate on the future

I am, very much so, by not letting the never-ending crap go unnoticed or uncommented on. "Future" MOFIB BOD members / members (if there is now even such a thing) must at least be given fair warning, just as you and Suzy were.

and stop complaining about what you perceive is happening outside your control.

Actually, I don't simply perceive it is out of my control, it has been flat out of my control since the moment John Lauth and Luis Magnasco decided to lock me out of the org and publicly lie, telling everyone I had resigned. No, the only true power any of us have would be to take this to the state of Illinois, which would probably just shut the org down.

Get back to research and what you're good at.

There's been PLENTY of that going on too. I chuckle if you in any way get the impression that MOFIB somehow consumes my time in any real meaningful way :)

Matt

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Thank you for your opinion, Mr Bookfish.

So, Luis is deleting my posts on his site, so I will ask this here, because I know he reads every post written here.

LUIS. TAKE MY NAME OFF YOUR HOMEPAGE, WHERE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING ON YOUR BOARD. I AM NOT ONE OF THE OWNERS OF MOFIB.

Thanks!

I will probably bump this every day so this thread gets lots and lots of attention. Or you could just take my name off. Easy Peasy, right?

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SeahorseWhisperer_":26ai0d5d said:
So, Luis is deleting my posts on his site, so I will ask this here, because I know he reads every post written here.

Wait...what? You're contributions / comments / thoughts are being censored over at MOFIB 8O ? Wait...what? How could that be :roll: ? I thought that "giving the site to Luis" was ushering in a new era :twisted: @ MOFIB?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is, IMO. I tried to discuss it with you, but you didn't want to. Let me know if you ever do.

Take my name off, Luis.

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SeahorseWhisperer_":26wh1d8e said:
It is, IMO. I tried to discuss it with you, but you didn't want to. Let me know if you ever do.

Obviously the sarcasm was overlooked. There is nothing new here. IF what you claim is happening is happening, it is the same old BS that's been going on for years. Luis invoking my name now to lure people back in is only the icing on the cake, but then again, that's not the first time my good name has been maligned when needed, yet wielded when convenient. Eg. http://www.marinebreeder.org/forums/vie ... 83&t=10990

"Matt P.has been given back his member status and posting rights.Now there is absolutely nobody deprived of said rights.This is done in the hope that all the departed members will join us in posting breeding matters and making our MB every day better."

Let me be abundantly clear, my "member status" was never theirs to take away, particularly when it was done unilaterally by an individual who should've been booted long ago. I don't support what is being done now at MOFIB, and I certainly haven't supported Luis and John Lauth in ANY leadership capacity for a long time. I will encourage NO ONE to "return" to MOFIB. MOFIB has my CONDEMNATION, not my endorsement. MOFIB the website, MOFIB the org, both need to die at this point; it is a toxic environment that is so far flung from the spirit in which I started it that I would prefer it dead than reborn under the dictatorship of Luis Magnasco or anyone else. All the "good info" has long since been removed by folks in protest, and anything worthwhile that I wrote has long since been backed up and/or republished elsewhere.

Participating @ MOFIB is like purposely moving to Cuba.

Ummfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have to admit that he said what I wanted to say, though in a much nicer and more concise manner. I thank you, too, Mr. Bookfish.

I think I'd have more sympathy for your martyr role, Suzy, if you didn't actively insult many of the people in the past that you've now come running to, now that the shoe is on the other foot. If you weren't so damn nasty to me over at MOFIB then I probably wouldn't be so nasty to you now. Actually, if you weren't so nasty to me earlier in this very thread. I probably owe you both more sympathy and more nastiness, honestly.

bookfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SeahorseWhisperer_":2iagto2s said:

LUIS. TAKE MY NAME OFF YOUR HOMEPAGE, WHERE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING ON YOUR BOARD. I AM NOT ONE OF THE OWNERS OF MOFIB.

Thanks!

I will probably bump this every day so this thread gets lots and lots of attention. Or you could just take my name off. Easy Peasy, right?

You are certainly welcome but please don't bump this thread everyday just to get Louis' attention.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummfish":2sb3zzh5 said:

I have to admit that he said what I wanted to say, though in a much nicer and more concise manner. I thank you, too, Mr. Bookfish.

I think I'd have more sympathy for your martyr role, Suzy, if you didn't actively insult many of the people in the past that you've now come running to, now that the shoe is on the other foot. If you weren't so damn nasty to me over at MOFIB then I probably wouldn't be so nasty to you now. Actually, if you weren't so nasty to me earlier in this very thread. I probably owe you both more sympathy and more nastiness, honestly.

It is interesting that so many of the people ended up apologizing to those they treated poorly while supporting the the MOFIB party line. Not just to me, to a lot of people. Those apologies were great because they all followed the same theme - 'Wow, ends up you were right, and I am sorry for the way I treated you' and were all met with relief and thanks.

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thales":u4dobykq said:
It is interesting that so many of the people ended up apologizing to those they treated poorly while supporting the the MOFIB party line. Not just to me, to a lot of people. Those apologies were great because they all followed the same theme - 'Wow, ends up you were right, and I am sorry for the way I treated you' and were all met with relief and thanks.

I think if more people stopped to realize that the SAME people involved in the latest "fresh start" are the sample people who presided over other "fresh starts" in the past (often behind the scenes)...well...that's why the dissent from outside remains, and that's why the issues can't be let go (because they still remain). I too have had my share of personal apologies directed at me, which is great, but apologies don't fix mistakes or take responsibility.

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[email protected]":29ahr495 said:
mwp":29ahr495 said:
SeahorseWhisperer_":29ahr495 said:
Participating @ MOFIB is like purposely moving to Cuba.
MOFIB has good Mojitos?

HA!

Looks like Luis has fingered the following people as being responsible for this latest nightmare - "The Org.is ruled by the BOD,currently integrated by John,William,Spawner and Vince.Amie is the Secretary." These would be John Lauth, William Heaton, Dr. Andy Rhyne, and Vince Rado. If any of these people care to clear their name and absolve their responsibility over the lack of holding BOD elections and instead, opting to ignore the bylaws and "Give" the website to a private individual, I welcome them to do so. I have zero doubts about John and Will's involvement, but I do question whether Andy or Vince had any responsibility for this??? (I have emailed Andy regarding this, as I do have contact info for him)

Rook

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was bored and made the mistake to look at the wreakage. I could not resist the temptation. Re-posting here since it will be deleted in t-minus 3...2...1...

KathyL":son7cg87 said:
I do understand that everyone is welcome again, which is nice, but the same persons are running the show. I'm afraid I still don't understand how the "organization" can be a separate entity from the message board, and still have any function. Perhaps I'll never understand, but it's not at all necessary that I do. Thanks for trying.

Pretty simple really. The "MOFIB Org" has divested itself of it's principal asset, the website and domains and given those to Luis, a private person, in the misguided attempt and belief that this somehow freed the website from the terrible "state rules" that hampered the most recent group of directors to accomplish what they wanted with the org. Notwithstanding the fact that there was not a properly constituted board of directors or membership role, there was not a proper vote of the members to gift the primary asset, and the simple fact that it is not legal for an Illinois non-profit corporation to gift it's primary assets to an for profit individual or entity, particularly one that would be deemed an "interested person" in legal terms, or an insider in common terms. Yeah, I'm back to call your bullshit - read it while you can. You should be ashamed of yourself, not for stealing corporate assets but for your lack of basic knowledge of business principles and understanding of simple legal concepts that would have, in fact, permitted you do accomplish what you wanted if only (a) you took two minutes to learn something, and (b) the actually membership and a proper board of directors authorized the act in a properly worded and delivered notice to the members (and no, that ambiguous drivel you posted is not proper notice.)

Good day.

Rook

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luis A M wrote:
I was taking some video clips with my Cybershot and wanted to know how to remove the unwanted parts.Does you-tube provide some vid editing tools,like photobucket?.Can the sound be removed-edited as well?

Your pretty good at editing history - editing a movie certainly is easy in comparison.

:twisted:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the first post and the second is just icing on the cake, Rook :D

Rook

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Comments deleted and threads locked. All hail the new dictator - just don't ask questions or comment on their illegal process.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: