loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
During Fred's (Fritz) move, he's letting me borrow his AP701. I didn't have anywhere to run it externally, so at the moment, it's in my sump. Here are some in-action photos:

Attachments

• deltec 001.jpg
    deltec 001.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 363
  • deltec 004.jpg
    deltec 004.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 365
  • deltec 005.jpg
    deltec 005.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 360

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Yeah, I'm still working on adjustments. I overflowed it last night. They really should have provided a gate valve for the drain. Ball valves suck for tuning in.

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
my deltec 902. waste chamber filled over 4 hour span. it started about 4 hours after being on.

matt

Attachments

• 115-1514_IMG_2.jpg
    115-1514_IMG_2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 353
  • 115-1515_IMG.jpg
    115-1515_IMG.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 353
  • 115-1516_IMG.jpg
    115-1516_IMG.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 357

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Cali, no prob. I see what you mean. It's a non-issue.
Matt, that is some very light skim. I had it skimming wet last night and I'm sure it pulled at least what you have there if not more. IMHO, I feel dry skim is better (let the flaming begin). With my Euro-reef skimming dry, I was able to fill a cup in 24 hours with skim so dark you couldn't see through it.

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
chris it was the 1st couple of hours that i had it on. this is what it produced. it was then readjusted for a higher neck skim where unfortunatley it was all on the neck. it seems to be getting there real fast though. its brand new. so far it did more then the hsa i had that was twice the size and was a beckett. so i am happy with it as we stand. still fine tuning though
matt

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I'm still tuning too... I think I got a little closer to where I want to be. I think I need it a little dryer, then I'll take some more pics. Fred said I should just open the ball valve all the way.
FWIW, the website states that the skimmer uses 52 watts. I had it plugged into my kill-o-watt over night and I ran a very consistent 33 watts.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
so far it did more then the hsa i had that was twice the size and was a beckett.

Oh Oh, i think we are preparing for a showdown between becketts and needles. Let the games begin, lol, j/k!

One day i'll get a deltec! For now, dreaming kinda skims my tank pretty well!

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
I'm still tuning too... I think I got a little closer to where I want to be. I think I need it a little dryer, then I'll take some more pics. Fred said I should just open the ball valve all the way.
FWIW, the website states that the skimmer uses 52 watts. I had it plugged into my kill-o-watt over night and I ran a very consistent 33 watts.

i am fine tuning this. i want it to be a dry skim. i had th4e ball valve completely opened and the above pictures is what it produced. i called deltec they told me that the pump which is 780 gph was not effiecient enough that it had to be exactly @ 800gph for optimal performance. go figure!! 20 gallions makes that much so now its just fine tuning to get it going correctly

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I finally have the ATI BM250 up and running. Each pump is sucking 18lpm!!!!!!! The air in the body is pretty impressive but it's not skimming yet. I'll post some pics when I get some skimmate.

T

twinreef

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Hey Rich
did u run it in vinegar first. they say it speeds up the process. Yo stop cheating on the Beckett with these nw hoes.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
for a guy who says that needle wheels suck, and proclaims beckett king.... it seems that he runs a lot of needle wheels.

HE had the DAS for a while, then went to a beckett with the MR-2 for about a week, and now he is back to the NW with the ATI.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
for a guy who says that needle wheels suck, and proclaims beckett king.... it seems that he runs a lot of needle wheels.

HE had the DAS for a while, then went to a beckett with the MR-2 for about a week, and now he is back to the NW with the ATI.

Fair is fair. If I'm going to say needlewheels suck I better be able to backup my statment. What better way than to say I used it, and the beckett is better? :D Jorge I did the vinegar bath overnight.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: