• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

P

Pedro

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
LOL, i just saw this at RC. You show off. But seriously, you need to modify your SIG until further notice. Nice Video!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
LOL, i just saw this at RC. You show off. But seriously, you need to modify your SIG until further notice. Nice Video!

LOL OK I will change my sig :(

I've been getting a lot of PM and emails asking about the skimmers performance. Posting a video was the best way I could answer performance questions I guess.......

That and I hate Deltec:)
Just want peps to see what you can get for $700 here VS a $700 deltec

P

Pedro

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I didn't know you can get a $700 Deltec, you sure you didn't miss a 1 somewhere, lol.

I'm a bit mystified as to how the collection cup attaches to the body. It just sits on top, what prevents water from seeping out?

Oh and thanks for modifying your sig! LOL

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Yeah I'm interested to see how it holds up long term. They've done quite a few design changes each time saying "now we've got it right!" Perhaps they do but I'm waiting a year or so to see if they have.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I hear ya fritz. If you want a 100% plug and play this may not be the right skimmer at the moment. Waiting would definitely be best. Quite a few guys are having problems. I don't give a crap either way because I modded the skimmer to do what I want. I don't care what ATI does :)

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I hear ya fritz. If you want a 100% plug and play this may not be the right skimmer at the moment. Waiting would definitely be best. Quite a few guys are having problems. I don't give a crap either way because I modded the skimmer to do what I want. I don't care what ATI does :)

Rich, since I ordered one of the 250's can you tell me what the problems are, and what mods did you do?

thanks.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
How are you supposed to service the pump? I imagine the whole inside must be removable. It looks pretty nice.

Rich, i have to go see your's one day, i want to see this thing in person!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
That under water thread rod/gate valve worries me. I will be interesting to see one of these in action. Having the water exit on the bottom will create backpressure. This will make the skimmer "flush" with larger bubbles IMO.
I had this problem when I first plumbed my beckett incorrectly. I had the water exiting directly under water and couldn't control the bubbles. Changing the plumbing to a "T" allowed pressure to escape and make the bubbles more uniform. There's a reason why every skimmer has a riser pipe. We'll see....

Jhale, some guys are have pump startup issues. Some guys can't get their skimmer to skim correctly. Some run too wet and some run too dry. Some just like to ***** for the hell of it :D

Mods I did was add an airvalve to restrict airflow. Run silencer external to the stand pipe. Submerge the elbow under water to reduce noice(vented through the top of the "T") Adding a gate valve to adjust water flow (not using at the moment)

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have to say that the new design looks hot. Let's hope it works. Do they sell just the pumps alone?

reefer-nyc

One Evil Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Bubble King Mini 180 Skimmer
Here is the link to pics and Nog. Very small and comes in 160, 180 and 200 sizes. The 180 will handle 200 gallons. I have an e-mail into them to see if I can use this will a continuous power inverter as it is very low wattage. The cost shipped from Germany is around 1,060 US. I am very seriously thinking about buying one of these if they will not have pump burn outs because of the power issue.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=502&cat=5

Attachments

• DSC_4702.JPG
    DSC_4702.JPG
    1.3 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC_4838.JPG
    DSC_4838.JPG
    1.6 KB · Views: 325

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Reefer NYC. Take that rating with a grain of salt since the internal 250 can't even handle a 200gal. Either way it still looks like a great skimmer and will have a high resale value if is sucks :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: