KurtL

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to give a heads up they have red flatworms in one of the bigger reef tanks, so make sure you dip your stuff. Was there for the first time today and the only real complaint I have is when stores PURPOSELY keep theyre frags under just actinic LED's to deceive the buyer. I wanna see what the corals I wanna buy look like during the vast portion of the day, not just the dawn/dusk photoperiod. Last time I was at Tropical Island he was doing that too. I could understand if the light was broken but theyre not. I'm not trying to bash anybody it just seems like a deceptive practice. Just bugs me.

jscarlata

Aspiring Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
They have been under new ownership for a while now, at least a month. They have some decent corals, but they're prices are a little whacked on some things. I finally picked up a few drags, got a nice piece of ponape, a small blue acro colony(not sure of the exact name) and a decent cluster of blasto, and it cost me well over 100! The pieces are nice, but it was like 60 for a 1.5" frag of ponape...hopefully they will do more biz and start to lower their prices...

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Three nice frags for 100 I see that all over stores in long island.
They bring in corals and price them above cost, I agree that some prices seem high but that's only due to their cost.
I almost bought that ponape, it has some nice colors.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Three nice frags for 100 I see that all over stores in long island.
They bring in corals and price them above cost, I agree that some prices seem high but that's only due to their cost.
I almost bought that ponape, it has some nice colors.
+1 I can't imagine what the rent is on that place.
Howevr I don't think their corals are overpriced. I think anyone could find something wthin their budget.

Last edited:

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Honestly I have been in that place and the prices were outrageous on their crappy corals. They had a colony of doo doo brown button polyps maybe 30-40 and they wanted like 100 bucks for it meanwhile it prob cost them 5 bucks disgusting

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: