Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I am there maybe once a week and love the place. I picked up a bunch of corals that seemed cheap to me. I also ordered a fish that I have been having trouble finding.
I may go there today although I can't fit much more in my tank.
You can get small frags there for ten bucks. If your tank is decent, they will grow.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Lmao. Couldn't agree more. :lol2:
and you are who? So now some random noob wants to act like he knows people. Why don't you stick to liking puffers and keep your weak opinions to yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back because you're the idiot of the day.

Three nice frags for 100 I see that all over stores in long island.
They bring in corals and price them above cost, I agree that some prices seem high but that's only due to their cost.
I almost bought that ponape, it has some nice colors.
So you know what they pay for their corals? What do you know about "their cost" Give me a break man what do you think they get special quality corals that no one else can get and it gives them a reason to charge more? Watchout everyone limited edition aquarium village button polyps brown and brown w/ a brown skirt 500pp!

Barrie I know the only reason you say my opinion isn't reliable is because it isn't yours. Stop trying to be a know it all ALL the time. Trust me I'm not the only one who feels this way. Last I checked your name wasn't Poseidon you are not god of the ocean. So :shhh:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I dont care what your opinion is. There are times we agree. It's the words you use.
Your critique of the store was vague and false. There are a variety of frags at a variety of prices.
Quit being a hater

Last edited:

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Vague and false? I thought it was pretty spot on considering what I saw at the time. The point was that you said "the prices are high because of their cost". Unless you are the guys accountant or an owner of the store odds are you have no idea what their "cost" IS. Therefore what you said was VAGUE and FALSE. I'm not a hater at all I just call it like I see it.

T3TRODOTOXIN

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I dont care what your opinion is. There are times we agree. It's the words you use.
Your critique of the store was vague and false. There are a variety of frags at a variety of prices.
Quit being a hater

+1

Its not hard to "know you".

All you got to do is click on your name, click statistics and click find more posts by TRIGGERMAN.

Plus you advertise your self as a "RESIDENT BALL BUSTER". So its quite clear you're busting balls right here when they don't need any busting.

Noob? To this site. Noob to reefing? I don't think so. Not like it really matters, but just so you get to "know" me a little.

Majority of the "reviews" on this thread are favorable, and you seem to be the only one who disagrees. A scenario like this isn't new. Go back and search through all you're posts and you'll see what the noob means.

Maybe no one knows their "true" cost. However, as I'm sure everyone can infer that their rent could be pretty high due to the location. A prime site on Old Country Rd., across the street from The Source Mall with tons of traffic passing by daily, not to mention L.I. property taxes. Now their rent may not be as high as Manhattan Aquariums, but it isn't the same as a dude that sells coral out of his house as an illegitimate vendor either, that will charge just about the same prices as any other LFS, if not higher.

Anyway.. to keep this thread relevant and not get sucked up into a ridiculous argument that will get you, "RESIDENT BALL BUSTER" banned for about the 1,000th time, and get me my first ban hammer..

I'll be heading to Aquarium Village soon.

Haven't been there since they changed management so I'm interested in knowing how they handle stuff now. Also really interested in seeing if they have the cool nano rimless tanks for cheap still. If I remember correctly the old owner used to actually make them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: