btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
spoke to mike a couple days ago... he caught most of it in time... he is hoping that most of the corals can survive. like e.inthec said before this stuff happens. all we can do is warn each other so that it doesn't happen again.

as far as aqua hut... i was there today. don had said things are just about ready to be restocked. either way i've been donating any corals and equipment that i have laying around to them. i know its not much but they help me out all the time.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Just wondering if its just a rumor or is Tropical Island closing up shop?

Mike told me he's looking for a buyer. He's not going to shut the store down... But he did say he's moving to China with his family to open up a bigger store.

Tropical island is one of my favorite stores. I hope it stays that way when he leaves the country.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
People here try and cut you down when selling a $20 frag and you wanna try and raise $300k lol. Than the group will ask to have the store delivered lol.
In all seriousness though, best of luck to Mike and his family! Hope everything works out for him. Let's hope if/when the store is bought it stays as nice as it is.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Anyone know what the asking price is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I have the money, I would buy the store. I supplied him Aussie when it first started and I can tell how much money he has made by looking at his stock now. His ORA frags alone is over $10,00K ALL proper stores maintain a supply and demand level which suits the store. When a company stocks getting better and better, that easily indicates it's making good money. Unlike a block size pet shop where the rent is over 7K, his store is, I think, within 3K. which makes it easy to survive even in VERY BAD DAYs. I urge you to set an appointment with him to go thru the details, not just a plain asking price question. There are many more things to increase revenue with the shop.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: