JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
There is Tropical Showcase on Old Country Rd in Hicksville. They are overpriced compared to PW and AV and the place is a mess.
The staff is not as friendly either.

+1000 I will NEVER spend a dollar in there again. They act like it's a bother to them meanwhile you're in there to put money in their pockets. They're also barely basic on their knowledge and reef keeping decisions- he uses filtered tap water not RODI, he's a jack@ss and his wife isn't much better.

BUT if you want a facial go there the store is so hot and humid you'll feel like you went to the amazon for a week when you walk out. LOL

Aquarium Village has dry rock, sand, HOB filters, skimmers, pumps etc. Decent selection of stuff.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Like salt ,test kits, magdrive(s) I called they don't have RC 200g box its ok tho

They have API test kits- the normal as most stores do, didn't pay attention to what pumps and salt they had when I was in there. I was in there for exact items I needed and to talk to(bother) LongIslandAndy-pm him he'll tell you EXACTLY what they have in stock.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
+1000 I will NEVER spend a dollar in there again. They act like it's a bother to them meanwhile you're in there to put money in their pockets. They're also barely basic on their knowledge and reef keeping decisions- he uses filtered tap water not RODI, he's a jack@ss and his wife isn't much better.

BUT if you want a facial go there the store is so hot and humid you'll feel like you went to the amazon for a week when you walk out. LOL

Aquarium Village has dry rock, sand, HOB filters, skimmers, pumps etc. Decent selection of stuff.

I think I may need another bag of sand..what kind of skimmers I need one for the future

rcharliesam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0

I have driven by that place 1000x and never had the desire to go in there due to the condensation that is coating the windows. It just looks gross.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
They sell a lot of items I havent seen elsewhere.
Vortech & Hydor impeller pumps
Par 38 LED bulbs
Reef Dynamic and Vertex skimmers

Just to name a few, every time I go in there I see something else.

They are also going to display the new high-end RedSea Max aquariums

AV is about 2 miles from me. It was great when they and PW opened. I spent a lot less time travelling to LFS.

Tropical Showcase is odd. Stuff laying all over the place, the coral tank in the back looks like an afterthought. As does all their other saltwater tanks.
The humidity in there is skeevy and all their fish are in tiny tanks with bubble filters.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
aquarium village is actually making their own LED lights also. They have prototypes made already. And they are in the process of opening the back. More tanks and a pond section. Rich is putting a lot of money into the store.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
tropical showcase is between my work and AV. i drive past them every time i go to AV. lol i been in there once and they were WAY overpriced. I think this thread is the first or second time i even hear of Tropical showcase. lol thats how undesired they are.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I don't think anyone likes tropical showcase thats why. I personally respect peoples opinion and don't believe in arguing publicly. If I disagree ill pm someone.

but yeah Aquarium Village has a decent dry goods selection and its growing.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: