qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hi Everyone.

ITS BACK!!! The club is proud to announce NERAC is ready to roll. Speakers, we're excited to announce this years speakers are Charles Delbeek, Daniel Knop and Julian Sprung.

We're just starting to line up vendors so check back to see who's planning to attend.

Early bird special pricing! Until January 15th we'll be offering a reduced rate, $15 for just the conference and $35 for VIP (admission to the conference, catered lunch with the speakers and admission to the aquarium).

Again this year we'll close the event with a gourmet dinner by the reef tank, dinner this year is $55 per person.

Register today!!!

www.neracviii.com

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Lol, I tried to win tickets for this at the MR Swap. Let me check my calendar. I want the whole affair.

Will there be a hotel block this year?

--i Think I'll bring my Delbeek and Sprung books, get some signatures....

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
We did get a block of hotel rooms, hotel gave us same rate as last time of 109 per night.

NERAC is like a mini MACNA, a day filled with speakers, vendors and all things reef. The event is held in the hotel next to the aquarium as the rooms are bigger.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Less than 3 weeks away.....

Speakers lined up: Charles Delbeek, Julian Sprung and Dr. Andrew Rhyne.

Vendors: Dr. Mac, Zooanthinds.com, Fins Aquarium, Dan Rigle, Bob's Exotic Fish, Unique Corals/ReefGen, A&A Aquatics, Marco Rocks, Tropic Marin and Marine Farmers.

Raffles: $25 gift cards to Dr's Foster & Smith, United pet group LED lights and skimmer, Coralife pumps, Reef Nutrition sampler packs, $25 gift cards to Avast Marine, Marco Rocks, $25 gift cards to Reef Geek, Tunze pumps and much more.

Admission starting at just $20, kids under 16 free to conference.
Don't miss out, sign up today!

http://www.neracviii.com

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
if you have never been, this is the best reef on the east coast arguably the country. if you haven't seen this reef in a year, prepare to be blown away!!.

I am bringing some sps that are going to be once a year frags. also ballistic aussie acro's and a few true wild collected sps. 10 miles from my place. see what you have been missing , right here in suffolk.

Last edited:

Reef Reaper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I am really surprised at the low turnout for nerac! the speakers are Charles Delbeek , Julian Sprung and Andrrew Rhyme. The cost is only $20 for admission. there is not many chances that you will get to see these two in the ny area. i hope more you guys will attend.

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I agree Reef Reaper. This should be standing room only. I believe NERAC has seen steady growth in attendance though. Sadly, I think the "hobby" for a lot of people is buying frags and then maybe selling them. Hearing from two luminaries of the hobby firsthand is not high on their list of reef priorities.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Yeah the draw for people is big named vendors not big named speakers. Most people dont want to learn but just fill their tanks with discounted corals :( Even though there will be a number of great vendors like reefgen and Dan Rigle to name a few

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
At the LIRA meeting the other night there were a few suggestions on marketing this event some more.
Since these guys are big named speakers, would marketing this event to College students, marine biology department at local universities be helpful?
Also, it would be nice to have an agenda or a list of topics for discussion.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: