Status
Not open for further replies.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yea it is good, It gets a bad rep because a a little while ago in went to ****, but a cpl old fishtown guys went there and turned it around. They prices are comprable w/ anything in queens, solid selection and now there stuff is real healthy.

Like I said it was kinda crappy a while ago, so some ppls opinions will be such, but definitly worth the trip. But dont by and equipment there, its a ripoff, stick to livestock

nsiegel5

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I agree with the above, u cant buy any dry goods there but they have some decent livestock. Just ask the kids there to get whatever you want they usually can get it. Prices arent anything special but its an ok place to shop

ihatefish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am not a big fan of pets warehouse i think its called on sunrise highway in copege (spelt wrong) some really bad advice when i fist started and told me 2 put 2 six line wrasses in the same tank

LittleCr@sh

Cr@sh's daughter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am not a big fan of pets warehouse i think its called on sunrise highway in copege (spelt wrong) some really bad advice when i fist started and told me 2 put 2 six line wrasses in the same tank

Not a big fan either of Pets Warehouse. Has anyone ever heard of fishtown? Heard some bad comments of the place. I'm also new so I need some help learning all these new things.:bablefish Thank you! :splitspin

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Pets Warehouse sells puppies, which always irked me :irked:
I've gotten bad advice at just about ever pet store. Suffolk Reef, Aquarium Adventure, Pets warehouse, etc... If you get the wrong guy, it's bound to happen.

I some times wonder, do these guys read the forums?!? They sometimes seem out of touch and out of date.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
pets warehouse is probably the best lfs that i have been to.sure they might look like a storage facility but hence the name pets "warehouse" they take very good care of there fish if you dont think so ask them to show you there equipment room its in the back of the store.every fish and coral i have ever bought from there has survived and flourishes.if you want to ask questions and are not sure of what you want talk to andy.he will help you.like every lfs that you go to make sure of what you want before you visit.and by the way its pretty hard to find a pet store that does not sell puppies and even if they do you are not going there for the pups you are going to get quality fish and corals that will survive the trip home.JMO

petlover516

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTJs jungle along sunrise highway on exit 40 going north bound is really good. its cheap and the people there really know what they are talking about. Aquarium adventure is expensive and pets warehouse sells variety but is also slightly expensive, and for the comment on puppies being sold, my grammy got a very healthy coton de tulear/poodle from there and he is still very healthy today. he cost $300 and they gave us all the basic supplies for free.

Last edited:

nminunni

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
pets in new hyde park sucks. straight up. Fish always look horrible (I saw a fish that was just covered in ich I tried to get a deal on the price and save him but the guys working said it was normal)

IF you do end up going there they have coupons on their website, but I would suggest against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: