trinimaddness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
for some strange reason my star polyps only opens in sump..i have a 75 gal with two overflows that leads to sump.My return pump is a lil bit small at 500 gal per hour..i have reef capable led lighting and two circulation pumps in DT.. my readings are currently ...kh 7-125.4 cal 360 po 0 ph 8.4 nit,trate, am all 0....any suggestions??? i only have a purple mushroom and a few fishes and the mushroom also doesnt open up as it should....

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
High light and med flow and u should be good to go that stuff grow like crazy for me I frag it so often and that stuff come back almost faster than I frag it if ur in mv I am right on the boarder near Dyer avr if u want come by and look the field of it that I got

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
could it be my cal and alk to low?? im currently dosing to bring them up.. one thing i do not test for is mag..

You params will be the same in the sump as the DT. So thats not the problem. I would agree with above. Light and Flow. Mine grow like crazy and thet are about 27" under a 4x24" T5, with light flow. For what its worth though if I touch them they will not open for a few days. So if you try to move them you might want to give them a week or so in each spot.

trinimaddness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
dont know how true this statement is but the guy at my lfs said theres more cal down there due to the fact that its below...i do have my leds propped up about 6-8 inches above my tank.. im going to try bringing lower to see if the outcome changes

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
been lower in a tank have nothing to do with it i have the same coral high and low in my tank and it grow the same way fast lol i do agree tho that its a funny coral that if u move it around or it not comfy sometimes it take a long while to come back some it just dies trinimaddness try some of the one i got i got 2 kinds and they grow like crazy if not then gsp just dont like ur tank i got one or 2 coral that i dont have luck with by the way do u have any fish that might nip at it that might be the issue also ??

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
dont know how true this statement is but the guy at my lfs said theres more cal down there due to the fact that its below...i do have my leds propped up about 6-8 inches above my tank.. im going to try bringing lower to see if the outcome changes

Tell the moron that told you that to take a hike. What is calcium effected by gravity now? Awesome!!!!! We can all just put our sps in our sumps and get crazy growth compared to in our display tanks.

It's all the same system, all the same water.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Trinimadness that might the problem Gsp don't like been nip at its like move it around the tank it will not open up that way and are u feeding ur fish enough ?? My yellow tang never or don't even go anywhere near my Gsp so I don't see y ur would nip at ur Gsp ??? The flame angel that what they do so ur not gonna have too much luck with that one

trinimaddness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i may have to get rid of him then becuz i want the main focus of my tank to be my corals not the rishes... strangely last night the gsp came out for the 1st time in about 2wks( i think because i raised my kh and cal) but when i turned on my day time lights went out came back they were all in again...do your gsp stay out night and day??

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Mine are out day and night. More extended during day though. If I disturb then for any reason I don't see them for several days. I'm actually trying to get rid of mine. I don't want them to make the move to the bigger tank. Don't know how far away you ate but your welcome to them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: