5thChorseman

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Gold torches are one of my favorite corals, but I fear the one that I have is losing it color. So I am reaching out to any expert on gold torches to ask for hep in getting my torch to keeps it color. Do they need high light? Feeding? Supplements? Thank you.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
No expert but here is my two pennies. Gold Torches are not easy to keep. All the Gold Torches I've bought over the years all died in a short time. However I have Hammers dating back almost a decade. Torches in general are not as easy as Hammers and Frog's spawn. I'm sure they can be kept but I haven't mastered it, probably because my tanks were never suited for SPS. Someone may come on and say I have them spawning and taking over my tank. Which brings to mind Goniapora and Xenias. I'll be following to see if someone will share vital information that can help and not just say they're easy.

Last edited:

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
In my experience don?t need anything but typical good water parameters. Don?t need high light or feeding. Guess I?m lucky mine is going on over a year.

What lighting and size tank? How are other corals?

5thChorseman

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I have 50 gal cadlight, using a Vega 100 led pendant from reef led lab. It is similar to a Kessil A360
The other corals are doing fine. And the torch seems to be have maximum extension. Its gold color just seems to be fading, so it appears more brownish than anything.

In my experience don?t need anything but typical good water parameters. Don?t need high light or feeding. Guess I?m lucky mine is going on over a year.

What lighting and size tank? How are other corals?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: