To Frag or not to Frag?????

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I have a huge Frogspawn in my tank. Easily 35+ heads, I bought it with 22 heads in December. The Coral is getting large and I'm upgrading to a larger tank in June(picking it up today tomorrow though). It is in a JBJ 28 and the new tank will be a 65 RR. As of now the frogspawn is about an inch from the top of the water, but sitting under the actinics. My question is do you think I should frag it or let it grow? It will get more room in June if the coral doesn't grow to crazy.

daisy

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
considering how fast it's grown already, if you frag it, sell some branches, then move it to where it's going to have more room, it should just continue to grow. Win/win

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
frag it and buy some other stuff with the money from selling the frags.
Before you know it, it will be time to frag it again.
Vic

anthony27

Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I would not if you are getting a bigger tank then use it as a display pice but then again if you want to frag it then go ahead.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Anthony I was thinking the same thing. I have fragged Branching corals in the past and for the growth to return takes awhile, as in how fast it is going. I think I might keep it as the main center piece, I need to post up a pic.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Anthony I was thinking the same thing. I have fragged Branching corals in the past and for the growth to return takes awhile, as in how fast it is going. I think I might keep it as the main center piece, I need to post up a pic.
Good idea :starfish::starfish::starfish::starfish::starfish:

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
cut it. before u know it it is back to the same size. buy different corals cuz when u put it in the bigger tank u will want the room to add more corals. u dont want one huge colony of frogspawn. and the rest of the stuff tiny. cut it down to a decent size and with the money u buy new corals.

cmor1701d

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for skimmerman (chris). I accidently broke mine when I went to move it and now both pieces are bigger than the original.

Featured Sponsors