guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Anyone knows what's going on with my spideracan?

After lights out I noticed this white stuff attached to or from the edge of my acan and my lr. Acan is eating mysis and its polyps are always extended during daylight hours so it seems healthy. One observation; it went from 3 polyps to close to 10 now and it ran out of frag space. Could it be trying to move to the lr?

316am15.jpg

Last edited:

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
After lights out I noticed this white stuff attached to or from the edge of my acan and my lr. Acan is eating mysis and its polyps are always extended during daylight hours so it seems healthy. One observation; it went from 3 polyps to close to 10 now and it ran out of frag space. Could it be trying to move to the lr?

316am15.jpg

I hate to tell you this but you should frag that piece off. what you have is die off. something is attaching your acan and from the pic it looks like the hammer coral in the right side. trust me when I say frag that piece off and move it away.I had this happen to me, and I thought the same thing. but I acted slowly and lost the acan.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Thanks all. It has since retracted the white spiderwebs. Let's see what happens.

Just keep an eye on it, at times scavengers will eat the dead or dying flesh of corals, which would give you the false hope of the coral getting better until it's too late.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: