Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Joe spoke today at the BAS monthly meeting tonight. What a great guy. Even though there were technical difficulties, he spoke for more then an hour about the different methods of keeping a reef aquarium. He did not plug his store and just spoke from a hobbyist (with a lot of knowledge) point of view. He took questions and took the time to talk to anybody that wanted to talk to him. I never visited his store in Manhattan, but I am sure to visit it soon.
Joe thank you.

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
You would be hard pressed to find a better store or guy, he supports the hobby in NYC even though his big business is installs and maintenance. Joe has donated some serious equipment to my school (pumps, 265gallon tank, sump, etc) for a tank in our lobby but my administration keeps putting off the install... sigh; it's been close to a year now.

SaltyFlip

Percula Agent
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
ooO thanks for the reminder that I need to visit the store again really soon. Last time I went I had a serious itch to buy a few things but that was when Irene came over and so I didn't want to risk it.

poormansdream

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Joe spoke today at the BAS monthly meeting tonight. What a great guy. Even though there were technical difficulties, he spoke for more then an hour about the different methods of keeping a reef aquarium. He did not plug his store and just spoke from a hobbyist (with a lot of knowledge) point of view. He took questions and took the time to talk to anybody that wanted to talk to him. I never visited his store in Manhattan, but I am sure to visit it soon.
Joe thank you.

Joe is a Great guy and vendor. People think his prices are expensive on some corals but look at the quality compared to other places locally and never mind the location... He can probably buy a new car every month with his rent, electric, bills. :) He has certain frags for cheaper then most members sell them for on MR. Never mind that he has almost anything and everything a reefer can dream of, from tanks, live stock, and dry goods.

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I been on this forum for only a month, and everybody said that manhattan aquarium is THE place to go in new york city. I didn't visit because I am in brooklyn, and during the day i work so I don' really go that way, but I am definitely going to his store sometimes this month. He didn't plug his store, he just introduced himself, and of course he told us what he does, and then he just spoke like we are talking here. I think he might have converted some fresh water people in trying saltwater. He wasn't aware that the Brooklyn Aquarium Society had a few marine enthusiast, or else he would have brought some stuff for us to bid on it.
Really really nice guy.

alie99

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: