Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbagz21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The boss was out to dinner that's why he couldn't make a $2,000 sale, that's some expensive dinner and the manager Scott needs to be fired ASAP ##### #### ###

Last edited by a moderator:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Also...you claim you loaded a tank and stand into your car without checking them out first? Then, you waited 2 hours with tank and stand in your car? Why wait? Were u trying to get it for much cheaper? Then, when they only gave you $100 off you said that was not enough money?

This all seems odd, and then you plug a store but never went to it for this tank? Sounds fake or stupid....im not sure which.

Last edited:

JLeon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I never bought the tank, no shot I was giving them business, and if you want a good fish store maximum aquariums in mt.vernon is by far the best.

+1 for maximum reef best prices around hands down!! N trust me I get around and I've met some great people here on MR , but MA's prices are out of control/overpriced , they should work on all they're prices

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
+1 for maximum reef best prices around hands down!! N trust me I get around and I've met some great people here on MR , but MA's prices are out of control/overpriced , they should work on all they're prices

paying rent in Manhattan to keep the store open is way different than paying rent anywhere else...

rwells

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
233   0   0
Went there about 4 months ago and I do agree it's very poor customer service, fish price is high but corals are ok. Never went back because of the service.

JonnyIce

Used as bait
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have been there twice and both times, both employees seemed like my presence was getting in the way of their business. Like annoyed with me there. Since I spent the money on the cab ride, I bought a couple of inverts, but they approached questions with lack of interest that's for sure.

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
I've found that you can find much cheaper livestock in nyc if you decide to venture into some of the other boroughs. There's even some vendors that you'll find on the site that will deliver livestock to you for FREE!

i agree with you 100% but outer boroughs are not considered Manhattan.

i personally live in queens and im sure the prices by me would be slightly "better" than MA

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
you should have left everything there and because your money is good anywhere and besides if they are are not willing to take care of scratched product then i dont even want to imagine if there is anything needs to be replaced underwarranty what you have to go though with them. best place to buy and visit is aquarium village. i am there steady customer. great team and store and best thing is honest opinion which matters alot they sell fishes other fish stores runn fisy businesses and want to sell you the store when its time for their help. two weeks before i was redoing my tank and whent to tropical showcase to get non live sand which comes dry. i just wanted to grap it since its closer to my house and they wanted to charge me 49.95 for 20lbs bag and it was suger fine sand and i told me that i need little thicker grain and guy said we have that he wanted to sell me chichild white gravel as per him it was same... lol . i walked out and went to aquarium village and bought 2 40 lbs bags of sand for 65.00 includiing tax and they gave me 10%off for being mr member. and they advised me to rinse it and answered all my questions. thats kind of service i want when i go to store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: