Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbagz21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I arrived at manhattan aquariums at around 6:00pm, first off no one greeted me, it felt like I was pulling teeth to get some questions answered. The manager wanted nothing to do with me, meanwhile I'm in here spending $2,000 and the manager leaves early, which didn't seem like anything. But when we were packing my 57 gallon rimless deep blue with stand I noticed a large amounts of scratches on the stand and some minor on the tank. Carlos the employee working has done everything in his power to satisfy us and make a deal. The bosses would not work any sort of deal out when they felt like answering there phones(they only communicate through texting). I thought manhattan aquariums was suppose to be one of the best places around but I was sadly mistaken. The prices were out the roof on everything, and when I was about to give back the set up the manager whom was nowhere to be found says he'll give me a $50 store credit which here would buy me nothing. Worst fish store I have ever been to, terrible service, the only person that deserves credit there is Carlos for trying to help us out as much as possible and I thank him for that ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336529183.624974.jpg

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
so you did not like the quality of the product, yet you purchased it anyway?
I do not know why, but I have never felt like I was at the wrong end of the shaft with them. Albeit others have mixed experiences with MA.

petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
well they do have nice stuff in ny we have some as good here in Jersey and its same when store owner think they are the only ones that the attidute you get ! shame !! they prices on corals are OK !! just on the fishes are bit high!

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Stores, like everywhere else are hit or miss. I would have just put my card back in my wallet and let them put it back where it was instead of buying and being upset. The fact you said there were scratches on the tank especially I would have passed and told the employee helping you the owner can thank the manager for the loss in 2 grand worth of sales and walked out.

If I'm disatisfied in ANY of the employees I directly deal with or a manager of a store when I ask questions, I say thanks SOOO much for the lack of help so they realize EXACTLY how sarcastic I'm being and then I walk out-and don't return.

Gbagz21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I had everything in the car for about 2 hours waiting for a response from the bosses. They said the only thing they could do was a $50 credit. At this point my offer was just take $100 dollars off and I'll settle with it and they said no they can deliver me a new stand sometime next week which god knows when that'll be so I said forget it this isn't how you conduct business I can't give you guys money for such poor service and product. In disbelief I don't know how they made such a name for themselves.

Gbagz21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
They don't care for the customer at all now it's just a money game for them, I am absolutely disgusted, also while I was waiting I called Leo from reef world and he got me the tank and stand brand new for $100 cheaper

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
There is alot going on at MA to keep everything running smoothly that you don't see. And yeah, their prices are high, so buy elsewhere.. They get alot of revenue from maintainance and builds... Alot of people are fascinated by the fish and corals walk in, ask questions and leave without buying anything....So they might treat you different if they don't know you personally and that's the truth.....

johnsonlee42

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I personally have only had good experiences there, and I have dealt with a variety of people at the store. While it doesn't necessarily justify the treatment you received, like all retail businesses they could very well have been having a bad day.

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I have had good experiences there. Always friendly service.

Plus one!!!! I think they are such great people who work there and one of the best LFS that i have been too. Always have ton of coral to pic from
there is two side to every story so maybe we might need to hear from them before people start bashing..

Well good luck on the build and keep us posted

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I personally have only had good experiences there, and I have dealt with a variety of people at the store. While it doesn't necessarily justify the treatment you received, like all retail businesses they could very well have been having a bad day.

That is no excuse...but nothing and no one is perfect.

To OP:
Give them a chance to make it up to you (call them soon and be nice when u do, if they dont make things right you have your answer).

Why did you buy the tank if it had scratches? They offered to replace the stand (if so, its not fair to expect it instantly as they may need to order it), sounds like they are certainly trying to make things right with a stand replacement and $50 store credit.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I have had good customer service at M.A especially with the workers there. They have treated me well every time Im at M.A and have been greeted too. Like the members have said before probably the reason the boss didn't get the chance to speak to you could of been due to the fact he must of been having a really bad day at the shop or was very busy handling other people problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: