jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Why because they sell stuff you already bought and had bagged up on the counter to other people. Also I ordered a light fixture from them, they called me said it was in and I can pick it up. Drove from my house in NJ, paid the tolls and gas, got there and they sold the light to someone else.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Why because they sell stuff you already bought and had bagged up on the counter to other people. Also I ordered a light fixture from them, they called me said it was in and I can pick it up. Drove from my house in NJ, paid the tolls and gas, got there and they sold the light to someone else.
AHAHAHA only to you this would happen lol

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
2 days ago, you had a similar post about Absolutely Fish!... Does this happen to you often?

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Just a vote of confidence for MA, they are one of ( if not) the best stores in the tri state. They completely support the hobbyist (rare for any lfs) and this site and without businesses like them, a lot of us would be forced to go to subpar LFS's. I would say take all posts with a grain of salt and see who is posting, some people have a dependable habit of going against the grain on almost everything there is consensus on for whatever reason.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Sure James, whatever you say. It doesn't matter who it happened to, it happened and Manhattan Aquariums knows all about it. But I wanted to share my personal experiences that I had with them. I use to go to their shop and never had any problems, they use to hold corals and fish for me all the time. That's why I gave them three more chances to get it right. I'm not sure the reason why these things happened if it was new employees or what the deal is. All I know is when Kevin was there and a few other guys I never had a problem at all.

BKNYx43

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
just a vote of confidence for ma, they are one of ( if not) the best stores in the tri state. They completely support the hobbyist (rare for any lfs) and this site and without businesses like them, a lot of us would be forced to go to subpar lfs's. I would say take all posts with a grain of salt and see who is posting, some people have a dependable habit of going against the grain on almost everything there is consensus on for whatever reason.

+1

Reef_Paddy

Always Thinkering
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If personal experience is on the table, I love this store and never once had a problem with any purchases in there. OK, so maybe the times of day I go there they are less staffed and I have to wait a bit for service, but the eye candy in there is well worth it so who would really mind waiting :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: