dsgray16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I was looking through todays AM NY and theres an ad for aquarium store. Its called Manhattan Aquariums. It claims to have the "largest selection of live corals in the Northeast" I mean i havent heard of it, so i figured it was worth posting in case it IS new and turns out to be a great place. The address is 522 W 37th between 10th and 11th. Ill prob swing by and check it out after work..

If this is old news i appologize, but i didnt se it in the vendor list or the NYC Stores list...

www.manhattanaquariums.com

tonep

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I stopped by a couple of times and they had a lot of coral.
They were very helpful also without any pressure for selling.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
The prices are good, when you factor in shipping they are as good or better then online pricing. that is tough to do in NYC. Check out the frag tanks, they have some amazing coral in them.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
NYAquarium Service.

Awesome Vendor to deal with. VERY healthy livestock and great service. They got some awesome looking tanks to (not only saltwater, but they have this terrarium with half fish and a chameleon set up). I would check it out if I were you! :)

Marteen

Meow?
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah I just went there they were busy stocking up for NJRC but made time to answer my questions. It's a great place and the best LFS I've seen in Manhattan so far, although I've only been to two. :tongue1: The prices were reasonable if you include overnight shipping from online vendors. Their fish selection is kind of sparse right now and I forgot to ask if they would order fish for you, I guess that will have to wait for my next visit!

They have some great displays as well as a bunch of frag tanks, be sure to check out the $15 a frag bin on the back wall there are some really nice pieces in there. You can tell they are still setting up and getting everything arranged, they still had empty tanks in the back Joe said were going to be turned into more frag tanks! Oh and check out their stingray pond it's pretty cool.

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah I just went there they were busy stocking up for NJRC but made time to answer my questions. It's a great place and the best LFS I've seen in Manhattan so far, although I've only been to two. :tongue1: The prices were reasonable if you include overnight shipping from online vendors. Their fish selection is kind of sparse right now and I forgot to ask if they would order fish for you, I guess that will have to wait for my next visit!

They have some great displays as well as a bunch of frag tanks, be sure to check out the $15 a frag bin on the back wall there are some really nice pieces in there. You can tell they are still setting up and getting everything arranged, they still had empty tanks in the back Joe said were going to be turned into more frag tanks! Oh and check out their stingray pond it's pretty cool.

So does that mean they will be closed today?.. I can't make it to NJRC , But i wanted to take a walk over to the store and take a look, maybe get a few things.:irked:

Marteen

Meow?
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm not sure if they are open today. They are definitely open mon-fri 11:00-6:30. I know they have a weekend schedule, but with the swap I wonder if anyone will be there.

dsgray16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Finally got a chance to check this place out. Great place, beautiful display tanks, beautiful corals! The prices are fair, and the staff is very helpful. I strongly recommend this place. :)

Manhattan Aquariums

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 95.7%
90   4   0
I was looking through todays AM NY and theres an ad for aquarium store. Its called Manhattan Aquariums. It claims to have the "largest selection of live corals in the Northeast" I mean i havent heard of it, so i figured it was worth posting in case it IS new and turns out to be a great place. The address is 522 W 37th between 10th and 11th. Ill prob swing by and check it out after work..

If this is old news i appologize, but i didnt se it in the vendor list or the NYC Stores list...

www.manhattanaquariums.com
Hi,

We will be posting later today with pics of new corals we have received. Look for us in the vendor list under NY Aquarium Service

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: