Fishtown Closing?

4Fish

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a post on the Bayside Queen Facebook group that Fishtown is closing. I know there have been mixed reviews of this place over the years, but growing up in Bayside, that place was magical when I was kid, and I have been going there for almost 40+ years. I have bought many fish there over the years, with no issues. I think the owner "Mike" recently passed away. I thought his daughters were going to take it over.

I personally feel a big loss, even from a memories perspective.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Manhattan Reefs
Real Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
79   1   0
If it's true it's sad to know that Mike passed away. From what some people told me his daughter wasn't that interested in the business. I would think that instead of closing the business they would probably just sell the store, as it's had a number of different owners over the years.

Gabe

Gabe
Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I was there Monday and one of the employees told me that they are closing but the manager in charge is planing to reopen the store perhaps retain the name in a location very close by.

angel125

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
RIP Mike... That used to be my favorite spot, haven't been there for years. I'll have to stop by before it closes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjl09

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just spoke to the manager Noel, and he told me that they are relocating! They will stay open

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

perrydubbzz

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow sad news my dad was friends with mike i worked for him for a year when i was 18 or so george i didnt see any more in bayside

Last edited:

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
My memories of Fishtown USA are from a LONG time ago when they had a location in Manhattan on 33rd Street and 3rd Avenue. It was the absolute best place in the 80's and I used to go as often as possible. The employees were always stuck up except for what I assume was the owner or manager that looked like James Edward Olmos. I don't remember his name, but he was always a nice guy.