Fishtown Closing?

4Fish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a post on the Bayside Queen Facebook group that Fishtown is closing. I know there have been mixed reviews of this place over the years, but growing up in Bayside, that place was magical when I was kid, and I have been going there for almost 40+ years. I have bought many fish there over the years, with no issues. I think the owner "Mike" recently passed away. I thought his daughters were going to take it over.

I personally feel a big loss, even from a memories perspective.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 96.3%
79   3   0
If it's true it's sad to know that Mike passed away. From what some people told me his daughter wasn't that interested in the business. I would think that instead of closing the business they would probably just sell the store, as it's had a number of different owners over the years.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Wow, sad to hear...... Hope it remains a fish store under new management.

I remember being very sad when the Fishtown USA on 34th street with the huge redtail catfish closed down....

Gabe

Gabe
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I was there Monday and one of the employees told me that they are closing but the manager in charge is planing to reopen the store perhaps retain the name in a location very close by.

angel125

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
RIP Mike... That used to be my favorite spot, haven't been there for years. I'll have to stop by before it closes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjl09

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just spoke to the manager Noel, and he told me that they are relocating! They will stay open

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Featured Sponsors