4Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just recieved my new Aquaticlife T5 72 inch fixture, with 12 bulbs. It is nice, but I am not overwhelmed. I noticed that some were saying to change the bulbs, which ones, and which brand. Also, should I use the corner stands the fixture came with or lay it right on top of the tank.

Thanks.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i personally like the ATI bulbs, great color and par, KZ is the other top bulbs for par and color, yes use the legs for the fixture, also does that fixture have fans ect ?

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Yea, I would go with ATI bulbs, I have seen many of the other bulbs out there, I personally don't think the KZ are as nice as the ATI bulbs. But yea what NY said on the specs of the fixture, This info will help with an idea bulb set up.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I would make the bulb in the front the blue bulb. As well as the other bulbs that turn on with that switch. My personal opinion would be to go with 3 ATI Blue + on each side( this would be your blue bulb and replace the actinic). Then on the other 3 I would go with either 2 ATI Aquablue special with one ATI purple plus or another ATI Blue +. With the Purple plus being the middle of the 3. And just repeat the same on the other side for the other bulbs. Some people like the real blue look and will run 4-5 ATI blue + and only 1-2 ATI Aquablue specials in there.

4Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, okay, thanks for the advice. Actually, after the second day, I do notice a difference with the t5s - wow. I am a believer. Everything looks like they were injected with steroids.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Depends on what you are keeping, the stock bulbs should be good for 4-5 months. I have the 24" fixture and changed out the bulbs to ati and uri afterwards. No sense in wasting those bulbs if you don't have to :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: