Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Photo Gallery Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2018, 09:40 PM
Vendor: Vendor - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Onur is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Present MOD Corals Preview Event

Hi guys!

I am opening a place - this has been my dream since I started in this hobby 15 years ago. My store is different - a boutique approach to the hobby. In addition to a variety of fish and coral, you will see things like exposed filtration, lights, and pumps. All the tanks in the store are made by Elos. This place is more than a store to me - it is the shopping experience I always wanted as a hobbyist and I think others are looking for the same experience.

Please join me at our Preview Event for a sneak peak of the store this weekend in North Jersey (396 Cedar Lane in Teaneck, 5 minutes from GW Bridge, lots of free parking). We will be open from 11am to 8pm. We will have drinks and snacks.

Thanks and hope to see you Saturday,
Onur the Owner
Attached Thumbnails

Attached Files
File Type: pdf MOD Coral Preview Event Invite.PDF (466.8 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by Onur; 04-14-2018 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: Adding Pictures
Old 04-11-2018, 02:02 AM
Reefer Ratings: (66 (95%)
Friends: (10)
coralcruze is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
"a boutique approach to the hobby" <<< what does this mean?

Old 04-11-2018, 11:19 AM
That is a great question... Not only does the store look like a little European boutique but also think of sipping expresso while you choose coral or easily scheduling a private showing. It is about both the product and buying experience. When I go to stores as a hobbyist and spend money, I would love to see little more attention to experience without prices going up.

The best way to understand is to check out the preview event - hope to see you there!
Old 04-11-2018, 11:28 AM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
3450500 is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
look forward to checking your store out
Old 04-11-2018, 11:45 AM
Ok thats interesting... but i would say that most of us here would like a store that brings in the unusual at a fair price. around my neck of the woods we already have what you describe in greenwich CT... but they are 4x the cost for plain vanila so most choose to go to the other stores. people know who I am talking about. I would be interested to see your open setups... looking forward to it.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:11 PM
Im BaAaAcK
Reefer Ratings: (11 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Chris5 is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by coralcruze View Post
Ok thats interesting... but i would say that most of us here would like a store that brings in the unusual at a fair price. around my neck of the woods we already have what you describe in greenwich CT... but they are 4x the cost for plain vanila so most choose to go to the other stores. people know who I am talking about. I would be interested to see your open setups... looking forward to it.

Onur kudos to a new store opening up! Good Luck...

Old 04-11-2018, 10:41 PM
I know which stores you are mentioning. Some are really close friends of mine and I still go them. Here is the deal, I promise I am never going to charge unfair prices and never going to make people pay for store appearance. I just want you to enjoy your time while you are shopping. We can talk, try, see equipment, check live stock, talk about the hobby while enjoying the atmosphere. I am going to post a couple pictures soon to show more about why you should come and check it out.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onur View Post
I know which stores you are mentioning. Some are really close friends of mine and I still go them. Here is the deal, I promise I am never going to charge unfair prices and never going to make people pay for store appearance. I just want you to enjoy your time while you are shopping. We can talk, try, see equipment, check live stock, talk about the hobby while enjoying the atmosphere. I am going to post a couple pictures soon to show more about why you should come and check it out.
I really look forward to your pictures... I hope I didn't sound unappreciative of what you are trying to go after, just sounded a little familiar to me and was just trying to understand what you were aiming to achieve. I welcome all stores into the area and will gladly support anyone that is passionate about the hobby that brings a level of quality/service that I know is hard to come by in the 18+ years I have been in the hobby. You are further than alot of stores to me but I am always willing to travel so looking forward to it.

Good luck with the grand opening and I hope to make it.

Last edited by coralcruze; 04-12-2018 at 12:43 AM..
Old 04-14-2018, 02:29 PM
i have just posted some pictures. Check it out.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:06 PM
I would love to see the pictures... but I am not seeing them here... can you link me to where the pictures are posted? Thanks