reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Love the tank as well as the thread,I been sitting here for about an hour reading the whole thing.i have one quick question cause I'm in the process of making my own live rock...where did you buy the Emaco cement?and how long was the curing time?

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Thanks. Emaco is made by Marco rocks and is available on their site. The quantities listed may seem like a lot but you have to make a mortar out of it so it gets used up. But you can email them or call to see if they have smaller sizes available too. HEre is some info from their site:

A simple 2 step mixing process:
Just add some powder to the bucket
adding the liquid, mix to a thick yet workable consistency and apply to your work.

Product has an ~20 min set time, will fully cure over night and will set in water.

It's potable water safe so it's aquarium safe
and it's been tried and tested for years in public aquariums and by advanced hobbyists all over the world.
Our liquid portion has a polymer additive to improve set time, bonding and give some flex to the joint.

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
FTS December
MAINFTSFINAL.jpg

Nice looking tank Kat

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: