Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Well if my tank looked like urs I think I would forgo sleep just to stare at it till the lights went completely out.

I, ah, do that all the time. then the sump lights come on so it's time to watch that with the sump-watchcat
IMG_9832.JPG

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Awesome stuff. Just beautiful. Can you post how you made the mandarin feeder?

Thank you. It's a ghetto feeder!

I took the clear plastic measuring cap that comes with Tide washing detergent. (it was unused) and cut it so that it was a shallow dish, about 1 inch tall.
tide-tub-faucet.jpg

To that i glued a frag disk to weigh it down so it doesn't float away. I added a hollow plastic rigid tube that i got from those birthday balloons.
white-balloon-stick-holders-with-cups-packs-of-6-2941-p.jpg

The tube is hollow so it is perfect. I added flexible airline tubing to the top of this rigid tube into which I inject food for the mandarin, be it nutramar OVA or BBS.

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
im going to have to give this a go! I remember reading about something like this but after seeing the metrokat stamp on it ill give it a try. When you inject the nutramar, you mix it with a little tank water to melt it? i try to add as little water as possible so the stuff stays on the bottom and not washed away

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
im going to have to give this a go! I remember reading about something like this but after seeing the metrokat stamp on it ill give it a try. When you inject the nutramar, you mix it with a little tank water to melt it? i try to add as little water as possible so the stuff stays on the bottom and not washed away

:) I do mix it with tank water to melt it and that also help inject it better. I find I have to inject a lot of water to make the OVA come out into the little feeding trough. But because I use steady and gentle pressure, it does not blow about but falls neatly into the dish. All pumps are off at feeding time.

And of course the other fishes find the food also even though I make sure to feed them mysis before I feed the mandarin the ova. But he is still late to the party.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: