Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
stop drinking the kool aid! I have lots of space!
IMG_4289.JPG

IMG_4290.JPG

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Crab Fight!

So here's a new resident that arrived Friday. His name is Jerry. Notice Jerry has what appears to be a torn crab leg in his pincer. He likely went at a molt that I saw next to him.
IMG_4347.JPG

He starts to get antsy
IMG_4344.JPG

Here is my little guy just chillin' on the BTA
IMG_4346.JPG

Jerry starts the gorilla walk over to my little guy
IMG_4356.JPG

Does like a turnabout or something
IMG_4343.JPG

My poor little guy is taking a snooze and Jerry opens his pincers
IMG_4357.JPG

Smack down!
IMG_4358.JPG

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Been making my own water since yesterday. Getting ready for the big 10 foot tank move!
Wish this thing wasn't so all over the place.
IMG_20120430_205747.jpg

It's done! I'm pooped too, not from the effort it took to move the thing but the mental torture. I was worried sick the whole time and now I have to wait and hope all the corals made it. As far as I can tell the Cyphastrea is not looking too hot.

Started by draining about 3 gallons into a bucket which then received my loose corals and rocks. Then I siphoned out the back chambers which hold about 5G of water. Next I used a MJ1200 to drain the water from the display till a little less than 1/4th was remaining. The fish were terrified of course. As the water drained, I draped wet paper towels on the corals that were exposed to air.

Next, TS (Tank Sitter) and I managed to get those moving saucers under the 4 corners of the cabinet and slowly slid the whole thing (tank and stand) towards the wall where it was supposed to go. I had wedged some foam sheets between my designer branch and the wall, I felt if anything was going to fall it would be that rock. I was lucky that the whole structure stayed intact. Took the opportunity to remove some sand (I feel I have too much).

Moved the tank into position, and began filling it back up with the water. Of course the hose flailed at one point sending a shower all over my foyer. :rolleyes: Getting the tank level was another matter, my entire building is warped. Then it was time to watch the sand storm settle, put the corals back from the bucket and wait to see the fish.

All fish accounted for except Charlie the Yasha who I see twice a year anyway. Corals are sliming but for the most part have recovered. I put in a bit of Seachem Prime to help with any nitrates that might have been stirred up. The water is still not 100% clear.

In the midst of it all Jerry the crab and Mr. Silly my little guy decided to have another fight over the BTA. This time they were punching each other, left hook, right swing, right hook, left upper cut. Fascinating.
IMG_20120501_120214.jpg

IMG_20120501_120200.jpg

IMG_20120501_120214.jpg

stooops718

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Been making my own water since yesterday. Getting ready for the big 10 foot tank move!
Wish this thing wasn't so all over the place.
IMG_20120430_205747.jpg

It's done! I'm pooped too, not from the effort it took to move the thing but the mental torture. I was worried sick the whole time and now I have to wait and hope all the corals made it. As far as I can tell the Cyphastrea is not looking too hot.

Started by draining about 3 gallons into a bucket which then received my loose corals and rocks. Then I siphoned out the back chambers which hold about 5G of water. Next I used a MJ1200 to drain the water from the display till a little less than 1/4th was remaining. The fish were terrified of course. As the water drained, I draped wet paper towels on the corals that were exposed to air.

Next, TS (Tank Sitter) and I managed to get those moving saucers under the 4 corners of the cabinet and slowly slid the whole thing (tank and stand) towards the wall where it was supposed to go. I had wedged some foam sheets between my designer branch and the wall, I felt if anything was going to fall it would be that rock. I was lucky that the whole structure stayed intact. Took the opportunity to remove some sand (I feel I have too much).

Moved the tank into position, and began filling it back up with the water. Of course the hose flailed at one point sending a shower all over my foyer. :rolleyes: Getting the tank level was another matter, my entire building is warped. Then it was time to watch the sand storm settle, put the corals back from the bucket and wait to see the fish.

All fish accounted for except Charlie the Yasha who I see twice a year anyway. Corals are sliming but for the most part have recovered. I put in a bit of Seachem Prime to help with any nitrates that might have been stirred up. The water is still not 100% clear.

In the midst of it all Jerry the crab and Mr. Silly my little guy decided to have another fight over the BTA. This time they were punching each other, left hook, right swing, right hook, left upper cut. Fascinating.
IMG_20120501_120214.jpg

IMG_20120501_120200.jpg

IMG_20120501_120214.jpg

Did I miss something? What happened?

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
In an unexpected yet welcome turn of events, it looks like Jerry the crab likes his women like his coffee: Strong. After Lola (my other porcelain crab (I have 3) )ousted him from the BTA, he inched closer to her by the hour. I got my phone ready for video this time but it looks like a love fest to me. THEY PAIRED UP!
IMG_20120502_171257.jpg

Video!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: