8pixel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
It's been a number of months since I got my tank up and running and I finally sat down and put together some info and pics. For those of you who don't know the story, you can read all about the tank itself in the thread link in my sig. Nearly done with my algae cycles and slowly starting to add to my coral collection. Some things aren't in their final positions yet and I have some frags I need to get rid of.

I'm keeping the details brief but if you have any questions about anything, just ask. As far as tank specs go, it is a 39G rimless from CADLights with a small in-cabinet sump and tiny refugium. The lights are the Ecoxotic Panorama fixture with additional 453 blue and blue/magenta Stunner strips and an EcoPico LED strip for moonlighting. There is a cover on the tank that I made with 1/4" acrylic and black mesh screen. Everything is controlled with an APEX Jr including auto top off float switches and a water sensor under the tank. The electronics, supplies and water reservoir are housed in a cabinet that I made.

Attachments

• Cabinet.jpg
    Cabinet.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,554
  • Controls.jpg
    Controls.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,624
  • Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 1,625
  • Full-Tank.jpg
    Full-Tank.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,592
  • Duncan-Actinic.jpg
    Duncan-Actinic.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,573
  • Cabinets.jpg
    Cabinets.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,578
  • Dendro2.jpg
    Dendro2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,557
  • Frogspawn.jpg
    Frogspawn.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,582
  • NPS.jpg
    NPS.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,546
  • Yuma.jpg
    Yuma.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 1,586
  • Cloves.jpg
    Cloves.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1,582
  • Duncan.jpg
    Duncan.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,599

greengny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Great job on the Tank and setup. The aguascaping is real nice. Great idea with the electronics in a seperate cabinet. I did the same thing with my setup. Nice pictures too. What kind of camera did you use?

8pixel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
New Additions

Couple of new additions to the tank. Green tip torch, black sun coral and dendro.

Attachments

• Green-Torch.jpg
    Green-Torch.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 536
  • All-NPS.jpg
    All-NPS.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 543

8pixel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
Storm

Not sure how everyone else weathered the storm but here's a shot of my tank all wrapped up in a thick blanket followed by a yoga mat. I had to turn off the generator at night to conserve gas so this helped slow down the temperature drop a bit and helped minimize the losses to just my Darth Maul zoas.

Attachments

• Storm.jpg
    Storm.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 530

8pixel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
Couple More

Here's a few other things I recently added along with an actinic shot. Toadstool & pink bird's nest.

Attachments

• toad.jpg
    toad.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 538
  • pink.jpg
    pink.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 551
  • actinic.jpg
    actinic.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 544

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: