zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow this is the best nano aquarium that i've never seen before, i love this type of nanos that I own 2 of them but looking yours makes me work hard to one day build one like yours. Now I understand that i have to research info about everything , one of the most interests to me is the sump or refugium. I like to ask you for some tips to how to build one myself, also I read in your article that you use dispensers to not be worry about dosing any chemical to your aquarium. To me is a little complicated to understand all of that because I have only one year of experience, but i always read magazines or I try to search info here in this forum or another forums. that'll be awesome if you share some pictures of your sump to see how is it working, and how did you set it up all the rest of your work. Thank you very much to share an amazing work with us..

geldof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
wow this is the best nano aquarium that i've never seen before, i love this type of nanos that I own 2 of them but looking yours makes me work hard to one day build one like yours. Now I understand that i have to research info about everything , one of the most interests to me is the sump or refugium. I like to ask you for some tips to how to build one myself, also I read in your article that you use dispensers to not be worry about dosing any chemical to your aquarium. To me is a little complicated to understand all of that because I have only one year of experience, but i always read magazines or I try to search info here in this forum or another forums. that'll be awesome if you share some pictures of your sump to see how is it working, and how did you set it up all the rest of your work. Thank you very much to share an amazing work with us..

Wow! Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

You'll get there, just take time and make sure you treat everything before adding it to your nano.

I am going to post a video on YouTube of the sump, in a couple weeks. Stay tuned, I'll post the link here.

geldof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Hey rid of that heater bud, mine zapped a tank filled w zoos, get the j?ger

I couldn't agree more.

Upgraded to the Jager over a year ago after a close call with another Stealth (plastic coated heaters of any type could easily do this) that developed a micro crack that was leaching heavy metal into the WC water.

It almost killed my two fish, who are very much part of the family at this point. We moved the fish to a hospital tank, they recovered, cycled the cube for a month and swapped out both heaters. A very close call and could have been much worse.

Always purchase the best stuff you can afford, lesson learned.

geldof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
RIP Pickle

It's a very sad day. I came home from work to find that our 7 year old Six Line Wrasse, Pickle, had jumped out of the aquarium. We'd originally adopted him from a aquarist who was breaking down his system 4 years ago. He had him in there for 3, so he was at least 7 if not a bit older.

We never really intended to keep him that long, but he and our clown seemed to really enjoy each others company. In fact a few years ago, the Stealth brand heater in our top off system failed introducing all sorts of toxic heavy metals into the nano. The coral seemed fine, once we stared cycling new SW into the system. Our two little fish, on the other hand, didn't appear to be breathing, especially the Six Line who was stiff and floating inverted. My wife and I frantically set up a make shift hospital system and moved the two fish over to it. Our clown Yolky, quickly recovered, but the wrasse seemed to only get worse. This went on for days, to the point we thought he was surely gone, unable to see any gill movement, but he still had his color. All the while Yolky would intermittently and gently nudge him with his nose as if to say, "come on buddy, I know you can do it". The one time I dared stick my hand in the quarantine tank to judge wether Pickle was a goner or not, Yolky swam around aggressively fighting my hand away. Yolky was never before and has never since been aggressive or territorial fish. Yolky loved pickle, as much as a fish could love another fish and with his help Pickle made a full recovery.

We'll miss you pickle.

geldof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
For anyone interested, the 7.5 gallon nano has been transferred to a 40 so the tank stand and sump are available now, actually sitting out front of our building to be taken. The only issue is the bulkhead coming out of the cube needs a little silicon to stop a slow leak. PM if you are interested in the setup and I'll give you an address.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: