mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Those porcelain crabs look great - Yeah, I doubt I will be purchasing the reefs2go packages, I tried to get a customized one and they recommended 17 hermit crabs (For $123) Are they crazy?!

Where in the city are you located? I only have 1 hermit crab, so I suppose I could always use another. Do you think my snails will be in danger?

mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
It looks like the cycle may be complete! Its been 3 weeks with LR, live sand, rubble, chaeto, and seaweed. I also added a piece of shrimp a week ago (for 48 hours) just to make sure there was enough dying material.. I never really saw an Ammonia spike - but then again I didn't test it during the first week.

So far not much has changed.. the seaweed has been growing, and I added 2 encrusted Astraea snails, 1 blue legged hermit, and an emerald crab. The emerald loves eating the seaweed.

I may be picking up some corals soon from a fellow MR - and thinking about adding a small yellow goby in the next week.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 2013-08-29 12.01.19.jpg
    2013-08-29 12.01.19.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 203
  • 2013-08-29 12.00.42.jpg
    2013-08-29 12.00.42.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 196

mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey guys, what level do you keep the water in the back chambers of your AIO?

Initially I had all the chambers and main display filled completely - the last water change I syphoned from the back and had chamber 2 overflowing into chamber 3 creating a waterfall effect, but then I lose out on about 1/2 of water.

What do you guys do?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: