nilestr

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the exact parameters for counting the total water volume of a nano. I ask because I see a lot of posts complaining about keeping the water temps up. I did a little experiment of my own.

I took a one gallon glass tank and separated it in the middle with a thin piece of plexiglass. I made sure I sealed it really good so that there was no water transfer between the two sides. I filled both sides with water. On one side I put in a 50watt heater and turned it up high. I was able to heat up the side without the heater up to 80 (room temp 70) by placing the heater's setting at 85ish. All heating from one to the other was just heat transfer throught the the plastic.

If this could be technically called a 1/2 gal nano then this heat transfer method could be used to control temp problems and move sizes even smaller. I know this is a sort of cheating method. That is why I am asking if it is fair or not.

Just a thought.

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
investigator1: Personal attacks are not looked upon favorably here. You've been warned. In The Sump forum it's one thing. Outside of there is another.

Shane

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey investigator I couldnt make sense of your post, what is posted over and over? As far as I can tell, niles is asking about a test he has set up and liquid has expressed interest in setting up a small aquarium. If you are referring to the other threads, they are of different tank designs or about different features of a given setup.

Lets meet over in the sump if we need to take this further, then we can proceed as necessary.

:twisted:

Brandon M

Attachments

• Opensidevasedec2010.jpg
    Opensidevasedec2010.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 173

nilestr

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Investigator,
If you are complaining about all of Brandon429 entries talking about small tanks then you make no sense. The whole board is set up to talk about nano tanks. True, Brandon429 has a lot of entries about his nano tanks getting smaller and smaller but to most of us that is interesting. He seems to really have a nack for small ecosystems and everyone else likes to read about his new conquests. If you don't want to read about people setting up little tanks then don't go to this board. It is really the only reason to check out the Nanos board anyway.

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone just relax. Everyone is so serious. I was just poking fun in poor taste. What's better than that? I too think that his nano's are top notch. No hard feelings. :oops:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: