lenny21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i don't measure often, more like next to never with only one exception - salinity.
only measure if i feel something is off.
but here are the specs from last time:
salt gravity 1.026 to 1.025
ammonia 0. ppm
nitrite 0 ppm
nitrate 0 ppm
ph 8.2
temp - depends, during summer 80-82(sometimes to 84), nowdays 76-80 f
I add iodine, Strontium & Molybdenum, on weekly basis but schedule is not set in stone:) i add calcium but not consistently at all :(
what i always do is feed corals once every 6-7 days and 1-2 days after i do a water change of 10-20%.

Last edited:

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Looking good guys.. heres a pic of my 28 gal jbj nano led..

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 333

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
thanks Lenny! i really appreciate the compliment. i have had this tank running since april.. It was an upgrade from my 10 gal hex which i have had running for about 5 years prior. So that seeded this tank well.
i like your tank as well! what lighting are you running?

Jzhou

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I guess that is one of the great things about nano reefs. It allowed more people to get introduced into the hobby, before getting fully consumed my it. Lol I guess I took the longer way by having freshwater angelfish first.

AlucardXP

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I started with freshwater too. I never liked fish or thought about having a fish tank untill my ex gf. We decided one day to set up a 10gallon tank I had sitting in my basement. Set it up with a betta and a bunch of neons...Then a few months after I got the hang of keeping it going, I started getting hooked and decided to move onto saltwater tanks. My Biocube was my first tank. I wanted to get a large AIO tank to start off since I didnt want to move furniture around and didnt want to get all technical setting up a sump and everything just incase I failed.

Jzhou

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
lol i feel like i got suckered into reefing. It started when I gave in a bunch of baby discus and severums to my dad's friend's store and the owner said he would give me some mushrooms for my salt water tank. -____- i swear that guy could of been a drug dealer in his past life.

AlucardXP

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha i hear ya. When I got my first 3 corals, I got a frag of zoas that fell off the plug then floated away (still dunno where they went...prob burried in the sand), Got a frogspawn that went from 1 head to 5 or 6. and a mushroom that also floated away...but one day got stuck in a rock then did really good.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: