evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I know we have the stick up our ___ since we probably have the worst available LFSs in comparison to OGII, Red Sand, AO, +NJReefers filled with all central/south jersey reefers. We are also having to overtake the MR boards since there isn't enough of us. Not a bad thing it just gets irritating since there's nothing for us.

I just spoke to someone from Central Jersey about purchasing some corals and he mentioned a few of you guys that are up my way that purchase from him as well.

I felt like making an OFFICIAL thread where you can post request for those who are going to a certain location like OGII that is out of the way for some. Why not ask if anyone wants something or if someone is going to make a big purchase from say a seller from the FS/FT section to pick them up a frag or two.

EX: I plan on buying a colony from MotorTrendz and he's a hour+ away but willing to meet me down the Parkway.

I would post on here to see if anyone is interested from buying anything from him.

You contact him and make the payment. I would then pick it up and bring yours along.

As the person picking it up, you can request for a frag of something or just a nice guy and pick it up. This is not a delivery service unless they are willing but I would suggest pick up near where the person lives so your not going out of the way and this idea doesn't become a burden.

Pros:
Good for the buyer
Good for the NNJ community
Good for meeting others
Save gas and time
Purchase when you may not have the time to go there yourself

CONS:
**I would forewarn the other individuals if you plan to make stop overs though to make sure if they get dead on pick ups, there doesn't become a confrontational issue.**
Make sure the seller and the buyer are aware of pick up situation has been cleared.

I've met most of you so I know we have a lot of good people on the boards. I hope this idea may work for some, if not to all our advantage!!!

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
haha good luck with that one.do you know how hard it is to get a day and time for everyone to be free and will do this.i have a hard time getting one person to have a pick up.either im dong something or the buyer is doing something..good luc with this

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
lol I meant as in.

A) intended buyer sets up a meeting with the seller
B) intended buyer posts if they have the time
C) interested individuals contact (verify any stop overs, how to pick up, etc) and request to have something picked up
D) once OK'd, interested individual contacts seller, purchases whatever he's going to purchase, and informs intended original buyer everything has been paid.
E) intended buyer picks up the goods and holds it for the interested individuals.

There are obvious things that can go wrong but that is just the nature just like shipping in this weather etc. Planning and communication is an obvious must but this is a simple way to get something from a guy far away.

Ideas only work, if those who take that idea, make it work.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Yeah, but that is on the person to pick it up. This is just a heads up for those who can and willing.

I can house anything in my tank but if they miss their pick up the person asking for the favor must understand the consequences of things that can happen like stated above.

If I say I can pick up and decide I can't make it for a week. I'm taking that risk. It's only common sense. There are pluses and minuses but more pluses for opportunities like what is given then don't enjoy this. **Not arguing with you because I can see your points but obviously your just stating the worst case scenarios and buyer B not understanding any risk of this happening**

I don't mind picking up corals for others.

Most people would live in a 15~minute drive from me. I would be willing to pick up their stuff as long as it isn't overkill and must pick up within 24 hours. I would call that individual to see if it would be ok to place on my frag rack if necessary so it does not die from being in the bag for an extended time.

**If your going to buy $100s worth of coral and you say your going to pick up day on that day and don't pick up for a week. Expect something can happen in worst case scenario. If your a town or two over and your giving me a frag or two, I would be inclined to maybe even drop it off.**

So disclaimer: If you are an intended buyer B, please do not think if you miss pick up day and do not contact buyer A with any info on pickup. That is on you for failing to do your part.

As buyer A, I would bag up the dead coral and just leave it in your sump and give them the dead coral because they did pay for it. Atleast they get what they paid for, dead or alive!

No one is forcing ANYONE. There is always risk when it comes to shipping/delivery. Acclimation may be different and tanks are different.

Questions to ask:

Buyer B

Do you have bugs or an infestation? [not sexual]
Any fish coral pickers?
When is the best pick up date?
What is your availability?
Any stop over plans?

Buyer A

Post as such:

Name: Mike
Intended Seller: thirty5
Date/time of pick up: Saturday around Noon
Stops: I intend to go straight home but might
Availability: 7pm-10pm Saturday Sunday - must confirm with me prior
Contact via PM

Request: *if there is one, must add a small frag. [Say I was traveling to long island or something] Just seems fair or incentive. Your saving gas and time going out there. It's worth a small frag to some?

Buyer B
- contacts me and verifies everything OK for pick up and to piggy back.
- Contact seller about purchasing
- contact buyer A stating everything is set with the seller and for pick up.

Buyer A
- does what he intended too in the first place but with a little more bags.
- hands over the goods
- contacts buyer B if he misses pick up time.

Obviously, buyer B must be in full consideration to buyer A not the other way around in terms of missing designated pick up times and possible changes.

Sorry for the lengthy post but didn't seem like the full scope of what is expected was clear.

The more you know buyer A the better obviously and if their known good people on here then less worry. I've never met akma or some others on here but I have seen great reviews about them and would be more than willing to do a good dead as such.

Last edited:

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Nothing for us as in availability of quality Fish Stores that have competitive pricing. With AF being the major store it does give them reason to increase price.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Yeah we need some vendors to open in NNJ we literally have like 2 sxxx stores.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: