Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i went to tropiquarium 2 months ago, and it was just a waste of gas. way over priced and the cs was not good at all.

i agree the prices are insanely inflated...

For example I paid $50 for a Black Fin Fairy wrasse at absolutely fish. The same fish was priced at $150 in Tropiquarium. Insane

that link doesnt work dre. Where do you guys think have the nicest sps and also good prices on sps and fish ?

Absolutely Fish has the nicest SPS selection out of all the NJ stores I have been to. Prices are reasonable.

Last edited:

MightyMike

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was at The Fish Tank in Saddle brook yesterday, not too bad, surprising I guess, most of their tanks looked really blue to me, and pretty much all the SPS looked like it was browning out, maybe PO4 is off? I saw they were running a deal where you can bring in a sample of tank water and for ONLY $25 they'll test it!! Wow what a deal? hahahha some people will pay for anything I guess, but that seems nuts to me ... what do I know?

I also noticed Dean mentioned getting some nice stuff at Reef Encounter
504 Hudson Street, Hackensack, NJ 201/229-0555 And I'll be heading there later this week. I've been before and that's where they tried to sell me a skilter! hahahah

tinyreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's the 2nd place i've heard about charging for testing, also $25! the other was in california.

that's ludricrous. some nominal fee is acceptable (e.g. $1~$5) but $25? wtf? that's insane. you can get an entire wide-spectrum test kit for that.

poor noobs.:(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: