eoffrey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
N.J. here....

If anyone is every interested a drive, there is a store in Ocean, Tropaquarium...great store. You should give them a look.....they are awsome.

eoffrey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gather it would be called Eatontown....Rt. 35 nrth. In the Ocean Plaza. If you would like their phone number and address I can throw it here for you. The guy Austin is great there. Was just there yesterday, had to skip on a free mantis, about half an inch big, due to my having no where to house him right now.....

Really a great place, you should run down when you have the free time....

eoffrey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure thing....I understand. I'd travel far and wide for certain things. :wink1:

Tropaquarium 732-922-2300
Rt. 35 & Sunset Ave. (In the shopping plaza, Ocean Plaza)

eoffrey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved to NJ, short of a year now....so Tropaquarium is one of thee best places that is somewhat local to me. There is also one that a friend told me about, Living Color....which I hope to check out down the line as well.

eoffrey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I promise you, you wouldn't regret going.:spin:

Yes, it's like dab between Asbury and Freehold. They have a great selection of inverts and today (Thurs. and Fri.) are when they get their shipments I think.

jerseydiablo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live 10 mins away in Bradley Beach

Tropiquarium is a great store but pretty pricey
awesome selection of fish/corals/ equipment though, you won't find a better selection anywhere in the state

they get very busy usually between 5-8pm and weekends are almost always mobbed
usually if you go these times you're almost gaurenteed a decent wait before being helped, but great service and everyone is very knowledgeable

I'd suggest going daytime during the week, your best bet
they give very nice discounts on troubled corals too they've nursed back to decent life

jerseydiablo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also, I drive around central NJ for work everyday and I've found some great little known spots well worth the trip as well

Aquaoceans - Rt 9 N in Lakewood (732) 363-7907
the guy here is very helpful & friendly
home of the $1.00 snail (all kinds - I pick up 10 Bumblebees every other month or so)
he gives out some nice broken live fragments which most of his customers bring in

store is in a house & has great selection of fish/ corals & ponds too

88 Pet World - 2076 Route 88 - Brick, NJ -(732) 899-1920
everything - nice store

Fish Tales - 2150 Route 88
Brick, NJ
[SIZE=-1](732) 714-0040
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Mike's Pet Center 133 Highway 35 Neptune City, NJ 07753 Phone: 732-775-0042
[/SIZE]
the guy here is great -- special orders almost everything, pickup every thursday -- sometimes for super cheap

I know of at least 5 more in the area, just give me a few days to get names

1 right at exit off Parkway for route 9 in Toms river (Pathmark/ Home Depot shopping center)

there's 2 down route 9 in Beachwood/Bayville that I know of too, one of them's a great store - (owner only) will give ya 2 or 3 very nice frags for $10-15 bucks sometimes

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I would just like to say that ive been to many fish n coral stores in NYC and NJ and Tropiquarium happens to be one of my favorites due to its healthy fish and coral selections. Prices are decent in comparison to other stores Ive been too. Austin is the best marine biologist there and knows his stuff. Charlie the owner is a stand up guy and will NEVER lead you wrong or steer you in a wrong direction. They pride themselves on honesty since it is a family runned business from their grandmother.
BTW, I almost took that Mantis shrimp but didnt have a place for him either. Its not there anymore though.
I would like to hear similar things about other large sized stores in the NY, NJ area as well, with normal prices.

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The other day i tumbled into The Fish Tank in Saddle brook,

pretty good selection and their prices were alot better than Abs fish up the road, the guy I talked to was nice enough to give me a discount deal and frag me a piece of a coral I had my eye on.

Ill get the address tmrw

eoffrey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to see all these stores being mentioned. Hope to check them out when I've got some time. I'm sure I'll get nice and lost!

I look foward to seeing them. Anyone been to Living Color yet?

As for trop- hysterical that you came upon that mantis too! I only wish I could have taken him, but I really cannot set anything up for him when I barely am ready to deal with my current tanks.......Austin is a marine bio?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: