Archreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 72.7%
8   3   0
James, so it's safe to sleep outdoors at night. I was thinking about a week or two in June with my wife and 2 kids (17 and 18).
Yes, There is room for 1 air mattress if you wanted. It would be tight but possible for sure. A better option in my opinion would be to sleep in a tent (or just string up another hammock) on the beach, it is quiet and soft and the sound of the water is very nice to fall asleep/pass out from ruminade to. I did that often in that hammock.

For reefers, this place is the absolute best. I don't think this opportunity exists anywhere else at this price range. The reef is super close and there are not hotels of tourists messing things up.

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
James, so it's safe to sleep outdoors at night. I was thinking about a week or two in June with my wife and 2 kids (17 and 18).

yes, it's completely safe. they wouldn't see anyone on the beach,. Would be a great option so the kids don't bother you, even has an outdoor shower. You could also let the kids stay at the dive shop for something like 10$ a night so you and your wife could enjoy some privacy in the house by yourselves (depending on how mature or how much you trust your kids, there are 17 and 18 year olds travelling on that island by themselves and seeing the world). June is still open. July and August filling up fast.

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
is there internet ? how do you get food there ? lol.,,, very interested

Yes there is internet, it is slow but it works.

Food? Haha, there are tons of restaurants, sushi, Indian, Italian (Italy not Italian American), German, 2 brick oven pizza places, several Texas style BBQ joints, Mexican, a small family run supermarket and several smaller family owned food shops that are kinda like bodegas with more food, and of course, as much fresh fish as you can eat direct from the fishermen(best option is to go out with them and catch your own). Not to mention the typical Honduran meals available in houses on the main road that open up to sell awesome cheap food.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Best diving I ever did was off of Cartagena Colombia. The dive shop took us to what they called a virgin reef about 1 hour from the mainland. The island was uninhabited and they assured us that no other dive shops went there. It was INCREDIBLE. Much better than Puerto Rico, Cuba or the other reefs I want diving on in Colombia.

I really want to do the South Pacific, but doubt I can afford it for MANY years. Also, need to lose a LOT of weight before I would even consider diving again. But at least they figured out why I gained all of the weight and it is being treated...

Anyway, looks awesome!

Alfred

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
James' Place in Honduras

Has anyone gone to James' house in Honduras? If you've stayed on the island can you please give us first hand experience on the stay. I'm thinking of booking a week in the near future but would like to hear how it is.

Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: