tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
Here's the way I look at it. Almost all car companies have listed problems on different models on different years.

The more I read, the more I speak with car people, the more I realize that the Lexus is the way to go for reliability and I've decided to check out the GS.

Either way, I'm not buying any car without a warranty. I don't mind paying for piece of mind.

test drive the v8 gs also, i think it's worth the extra few grands over the v6. lexus makes good cars but if you like the bmw feel, you'll find it lacking. i'm not a lexus fan on the feel....if i were to take a drive to florida, then it would be my pick.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I should also say the x3 I had for 2 months the 745 for a year. I will take a Vette over a BMW anyway. They handle better, have a smoother ride and can leave almost all BMWs in the rear view. Unless you spend over a hundred grand on a BMW that can beat a Vette. Oh but for a hundred grand you can buy a ZR1 that no BMW can touch and only the top model Lamborghini and Ferrari can touch.

bud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
jaa..what is it exactly you find wrong with a x3? My wife wants to buy one in the future to replace her CRV.

Just curious since this is a reef forum, I'm sure there is no bias here.

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
BMW are great cars! Guess what I sold Fords and even the SHO. Some are good and some are bad! Is like every maker! I've owned more than 42 cars! I've been in the car industry for more than 15 yrs in every capacity of a used and new car dealership. I've owned American, german, and japanese, everyone here has a preference.

But, my recommendation: Don't listen to all the negativity here regarding what to buy! You should list the cars that you favor, go to KBB (Kelly Blue Book), look at the value and compare the market and deprecation on those cars of your interest. Then once you decide KBB where tell you where those cars are located. Drive the car, then when your serious take the car to a mechanic and get it checked out. (Compression check), see if you can get an extended warranty for the vehicle. Most important is what you like and what you can afford.

Goodluck, and enjoy shopping!

empire

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I haven't personally owned a BMW but my brother and father both have a 5 series. My brother has the 525xi and my father has a 530i. There has always been a bmw in my family since '91 when my father bought his first bmw, 91 M3. That car was so much fun to be in, however I remember my dad complaining about the costly maintenance. BMW is great as long as you are under warranty or willing to pay the maintenance costs!

I am also in the market for a new/used car as my car is on its way out. I drove my neighbor's '10-'11 S4 and loved it, but quite honestly as much as I would love to have an S-line model, I don't need it/can afford it! My family and I went out to an Audi dealership last weekend. My brother test drove an A6 and now is contemplating trading his beamer in for it lol. I personally like the Q5 and I am really considering getting one. Have you thought or considered checking out an Audi?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: