Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Yea it's definitely a rough time to buy used. Increased prices and the possibility of flood dmg. I'm probably going to just buy a CPO from a dealer to avoid any problems. I really don't think anyone is going to try to sell me a flooded BMW. Although you can't put it past anyone, I will only buy from a certain type of person and I think the problem will generally fall with cheap cars.

Coral, thanks for that link but those cars are a bit out of my price Range lol :x...I'm looking at the 2010/11 535xi BMW.

hclaveria

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Most flooded cars will have insurance claims and it will be found out with a regular history report. I also think its too early for flooded cars to be in used car inventories.

Either way, if you are interested, contact me and I will put you in touch. I know that you won't find a better price anywhere. They also have financing options.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Why do you want a BMW? They have the worst reliability ratings and the most problems out of any car manufacture since 2006. I would rather by a brand new car than a used one, even if the new car is considered less of a car. By the way I will take my 2013 SHO over any 5 series BMW or BENZ any day.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Why do you want a BMW? They have the worst reliability ratings and the most problems out of any car manufacture since 2006. I would rather by a brand new car than a used one, even if the new car is considered less of a car. By the way I will take my 2013 SHO over any 5 series BMW or BENZ any day.

Jaa,

Without disrespecting you, i have no clue how you can compare a Ford SHO or any ford/chevy to a German engineered bmw or equivelent. I'm not saying it is not a nice car, just saying its not what im after and not equivelent in my opinion. Just drive an American car in the city for a few years and talk to me about how its holding up or walk into a ford/chevy dealership with an issue or with intent on buying a car. It's a whole different world.

I'm actually planning to check out a few American Made cars this upcomming week and not 100% sold on what i want. Figuring i could maybe find a dealer from this post and get some necessary schooling on a good buy.

I'm not 100% sure what i really want to get but an American car is not really on the list and neither is buying a brand new car that will immediately depreciate. I do believe we should support American products, but cars are one thing that i really haven't chosen to support again.

I personally do not believe half the reviews on the net about problems concerning anything let alone cars. You can buy anything these days on the internet including bad reviews and even if some are true, thats what a warranty is for which i don't mind paying. If you look at the reviews, half of them are done prematurely.

I have grown accustom to driving a bmw and really like it, i have had the luxury of driving a few of them because of my inlaws. Since driving an 09 Bmw 3 series Xdrive coupe for the past 3 years we haven't had a single problem. If we were to have an issue, we would simply bring it to bmw and they will take care of it under the CPO 100,000 Mile warranty. We drive it everywhere in New York including the city. Its built safe,solid, fast,comfortable, & imo the control cannot be compared.

My girlfriend has owned two bmw's and has been involved in 2 major accidents, She was hit at + 60mph on two seperate occasions when a driver blew a stop sign and when another blew a light. All i can say is that their cars are very safe and strong. Even after repairs i cannot see a difference in drive or performance.

Before you ask if i have driven other cars, my in-laws all live on the same block and own tons of beautiful cars, i have access to a lot of different luxury cars that do not stop at bmw but i feel best in them.

The Lexus are a much different ride and probably the better buy if i can get one for a good deal.

I'm still going to test a lot of different cars.

Last edited:

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Most flooded cars will have insurance claims and it will be found out with a regular history report. I also think its too early for flooded cars to be in used car inventories.

Either way, if you are interested, contact me and I will put you in touch. I know that you won't find a better price anywhere. They also have financing options.

Ahhh...... That's a funny thing because those reports are based on what is reported !!! If Ricky ripoff wants to push his Mitsubishi galant into a garage to dry out and get detailed how would you know that???, some people would rather make 1500 on a used car than pay the deductible !!! There was a piece on it on fox five ten o'clock news last night , the head of AAA was warning people about what to look for !!

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I have owned a BMW 745 and had a X3 for 2 months, they are just garbage cars IMO. As for driving American cars in the city, I have been doing since 2000, averaging 30k a year on the cars. So yea they get plenty of abuse from the city streets. Have you went and sit in a new SHO? It's not a 50k dollar car for no reason, and if you are into a faster car no 5 series car can even hang with it. As for the BMWs being the most unreliable cars, that comes from places like Motor Trend, Road and Track, Car and Driver, and the division of automobile and safety. Not just some small unreliable sources but rather well known and respected names in the auto industry. And I'm not a pro Ford guy, I own 3 Chevys as well and a GMC truck, foreign car companies can't build a full sized truck to save their lives.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Just have to know a good mechanic u can trust.. If you get repairs done at the dealer, you will get ripped off for anything..
Bmws are great! He said luxury car not reliable, even though they are very reliable.. Range rovers are rated the worst.. But my neighbor has never had one problem w two already..
Tacomas are great! Toyotas for reliability, Honda, ... Sometimes u buy cars cause u are passionate about them.. I have a ducati, 1998 show bike and other exotic cars.. So let him buy his beemer!

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Here's the way I look at it. Almost all car companies have listed problems on different models on different years.

The more I read, the more I speak with car people, the more I realize that the Lexus is the way to go for reliability and I've decided to check out the GS.

Either way, I'm not buying any car without a warranty. I don't mind paying for piece of mind.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
I have owned a BMW 745 and had a X3 for 2 months, they are just garbage cars IMO.

you can throw your garbage my way anytime.....lol. but wanna talk about an expensive garbage?..vette....nough said.

i have owned numerous cars from various manufacturers, and the OVERALL experience from purchasing, to service, to disposing and getting another, bmw and lexus are top on my list. i do not buy my vehicles, i lease them and get a new one every three years. don't have the time to deal with maintenance and issues on an older car.

have not driven the new sho....but not impressed with the old sho....compared to others of the same period.....and i think 50k on a sho is way too much for what it is. imho.

also take into consideration for what purpose that particular vehicle serves.....a duc 748 was a thrill ride but once you get older with kids, it wasn't a practical toy anymore. a dodge durango hemi hauling my whole family on camping trips was great but as an every day driver it wasn't. a 911 c2s cab was great for summer top down trips with the wife but comes winter time, it was a sled without the snow tires. the 911 gt2 was scary as hell on the track....and scarier on the road. a mostly stock honda s2000 was the most fun on the track at a tame speed but wasn't really good for anything else. a 911 turbo x50 was close to an all purpose driver....except for the gas and the maintenance cost. a benz e350 4matic was a pretty comfortable ride to the city but i hate mercedes dealer....just a personal issue with the local dealer.
have my current daily driver 328i x-drive for 2 yrs now and haven't put a penny into the car.....for now it's a perfect workhorse for going to work in queens.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: