E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Well, (FINALLY) my Verizon contract is up in February, and I'm looking for a new phone.

I have the BB Bold right now and am looking at the iPhone 4s and the Samsung Galaxy (the newest version)....

My wife has the iPhone 4 and I like it a lot. I use the phone for calls, texts, emails, and web-surfing. I don't really care about games, facebook, or apps (unless they're reef related, lol).

Thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I've read a bit about 3g vs 4g and I'm not at the point where 4g is a must yet. It looks like the 4g network isn't up to its full potential yet.

My brother in-law has the Thunderbolt and doesn't like it at all.. 4g and a large screen kills the battery life. I'll have to take a look at the Rezound.

I'm also considering the new Razr but I'm concerned about the above issues there as well.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Unless you do a TON of streaming or internet the difference between 3G and 4G is an arguing point for those who don't own an IPhone ;) There are SOOO many places to grab WiFi nowadays the 4G is a mute argument.

4S.... You'll never regret it.

And yes, I owned an Incredible, DroidX, Incredible2 and Droid2. NO comparison to the build quality, intuitiveness and useability of the IPhone.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I have the 4S and what Strgazr27 said is true. Most of my day there is wifi available and I commute all over. I had a BB and went over to the 4S and it's just an awesome phone. With the voice commands and Siri it's really more like a personal assistant that can also entertain you, definitely will not regret it.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
The next gen iPhone will be out in the upcoming months. I think I would wait for that before getting the iPhone 4S.
I agree with the comment on 4G service. At this point, wifi is almost ubiquitous in my daily life that I don't notice speed being an issue.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I agree about 4g it really makes no difference and many areas do not even have 4g coverage it's all hype. I like the iphone I also like the galaxy S2 I'm considering tryign the galaxy out and if I don't like it I'll just send it back and get an iphone. The galaxy has a huge screen which I like and it is also very light. The iphone as cool as it is guys it weighs about 78 lbs lol. It's a BRICK. My woman has a iphone 4 and she loves it I have used it before and it's a pretty solid phone. Another cool thing I do like about it is you can get a clip on blue tooth keyboard if you are not a fan of touchscreen. That is another reason I considered this phone. I HATE touchscreen I like having keyboard.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: