Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
toothdoc, this should interest you. i had my 9th tooth implant a month ago and it was rejected so they had to remove it a couple of days ago. now i have two sets of stitches. but it's cool because the vicaden they gave me for the shoulder will work on everything :lol2:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
awilda, thanks for the water change offer. i mixed it and just need help putting it in the tank.
as for sitting behind a desk, i was either carrying the desk, standing on one or crawling under it. :eek:

I can bring my python which I have attached to a pump which pumps the water right into your sump or tank which ever you prefer.;) Let me know~:D

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
toothdoc, this should interest you. i had my 9th tooth implant a month ago and it was rejected so they had to remove it a couple of days ago. now i have two sets of stitches. but it's cool because the vicaden they gave me for the shoulder will work on everything :lol2:

i bet the stitches on the gum tissue hurt less than the shoulder ones.
must have gotten an infection there....most implants now a day have fairly high success rate...in the 90's%.

jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hey Paul,

Sorry about the need for surgery but I had a similar procedure a few years ago during the month of June and i was back on the boat by July and setting my second anchor with one arm by August. Stick to the PT and insist on getting a Polar Care 300 or 500 with a shouldercuff from the hospital (or just buy one from EBay like it did after they wanted it back) and use it! It saved me weeks of recovery time then and I still use it once in a while when I'm banged up from my training. As a matter of fact my wife is using it right now for her shoulder impingement.

Not sure where you keep your boat but if you need assistance in the spring let me know.

Jeff

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
jeff thanks. the last time i had this done 20 years ago i had to stay 4 days in the hospital and i was screaming in pain. now with this sissy arthroscopic surgery it is so much easier and so much less pain. i was wrapped up and could hardly move for 7 months. i had it done yesterday and i am on the computer today and i went to the supermarket with my wife this morning. this is so much better this way.
the last time they had to go in again after a year to repair the bursa. that was also major surgery with 4 days in the hospital for joint diseases in manhattan

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
There aren't many male nurses out there, and the few I have seen are not to my liking.:)
BTW, you are not the only falling apart my friend..... It happens to those of us that didn't sit behind a desk 9 to 5.:banghead:

Set your sights on the Drs. - that is if they come into the room while you're still awake. :)

I've noticed now that I'm past 40, things I took for granted are wearing out and old injuries from years ago are coming back to haunt me.

Can't see the iPhone anymore without holding it at arms length, can't sneak up on anybody because my knees make so much damn noise and the elbow I broke 10 years ago hurts almost constantly now.

Here's hoping they make up for all that lost time in stem cell research, if not, when I get to 80 things are really gonna suck.

Feel better Paul.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
thanks guys
i don't do much tank maintenance but the little i do is verd difficult when you have to do it with one hand. it really makes you feel for the people, especially our troops that permanently lose limbs.
i just dosed some homemade calcium and i ran out so i have to mix some more. normally that is no problem and a 2 minute job. the stuff i use is dow flake ice melter and it is old so it is a 20lb solid rock. normally i chisel pieces off but if i tried to do that one handed, i would just smash it all over the floor. hatching brine shrimp is easy, even with one hand but loading mt shrimp feeder, is hard.
i guess i have to get my wife involved and she hardly knows we even have a tank.
before the surgery i filled a 20 gallon pail with fresh water for a water change. i will need help for that. luckily, i have a lot of friends, none of which have fish :scratch:

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Good luck with the surgery Paul. Been there done that. Got the t shirt, HSS bag of documents, hospital gowns, slippers, and 10 lupine anchors in my left shoulder for life.

Had a bad wreck in '08

Broke my left femur, right tibia/fibula, left ankle and tore my spleen and shoulder.

Had 3 surgeries on my legs and as far as the shoulder goes:

I too had every tendon from the rotator cuff degloved from the bones, and my humerus had buttonholed around my longhead bicep tendon(basically when the shoulder dislocated the humerus shot up and wound up with the bicep tendon wrapped around the bone). They had to do a 6 hour open reduction surgery and had to detach the bicep tendon on top of the repair to the shoulder.

If you have any questions as the healing goes on feel free to pm me.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If you have any questions as the healing goes on feel free to pm me.

jimmy, your a mess :knockedou i am surprised you can stand up. :)

i also did the leg, knee and ankle thing but no spleen.
the last shoulder was from surfing and the leg was from skiing.
the 3 knee surgeries were just wear and tear.
i am in good shape and when this heals parts of me will be perfect :cool:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yesterday was the first day I could remove the sling and I can hang the arm.
I can also lift it a little with no weights but not out. I remember that from the last time I had this done.
But now it is almost boating season and I have to change the impellers on my outdrives.
This is going to be fun trying to do this with one arm. But I will figure it out.
I also have to change one starter but it is on the left side of one engine which requires it be done completely with the left arm. Not going to happen for a while so hopefully that starter will not croak for a few months when I can get this arm under there.:scratchch
Boating is important. :rolleyes:
Have fun guys and enjoy the great weather :biglaugh:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: