Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I don't like it when anyone dies because I can feel for her family. I won't comment on her life or the way she died because it is none of my business. I saw her sing a long time ago and she was a good entertainer. My problem is not with her.
My problem is with the Fact that all flags in Jersey were ordered to fly at half mast.
As a combat Veteran, this upsets me. That honor is set aside for heads of state and military "Hero's, not entertainers, no matter how good they are or how they died.
So should we now do it for Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley?
Presley was in the Army but he was no hero and we did not fly the flags at half mast and we should not have.

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0

I never said that there weren't bad apples. I said that one GOOD member of the group has a more positive role.

I served my country, and in doing so, I did a boatload more good for this nation than some junkie singer ever has.

Remember who's keeping you and your family safe when you make disparaging remarks about people that actually matter. Whitney wouldn't have taken a bullet for you, but I promise that some 18 year old in Iraq already has.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
+1 I just gonna leave it at that before I say something I regret, I am not a fan of hate and ignorance more so when it comes with a badge and a gun.

A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes. Mahatma Gandhi

Please do not speak about people who uphold the law or take an oath to protect and carry a gun and a badge.

You obviously think that drug addicts don't do any harm and are victims themselves, while they are victims, they did it to themselves!!!!But we should not put any of them on a pedestal!

When a crack addict breaks into your house and burglarizes your sanctum then call Whitney Houston or her other crack addict superstar friends.

Addiction sucks, but those people CHOSE the life they live. And to mention a police officer in your comments is totally out of line! How about you put a police officer's shoes on and get attacked by a drug addict who very well may have diseases! Then knowing that you should not touch your family members until you finish your testing cause now you might be sick.

Let's compare apple to apples. Whitney Houston was addicted to drugs and she killed herself. While it is her family's job to grieve it is not worthy of the American Flag being flown at half staff for her. She did not come down with cancer and have a tragic death! She committed suicide!! I feel bad for her famiy. But we should not be showing our children that she is someone to look up to!!!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I think the only good apples are those who willingly accept 1/4 of their current pay while not trying to use the position to abuse their power. Those will be my real heros and they are true patriots. All others are just apples. These are just high risk professions with compensation.

Last edited:

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I think the only good apples are those who willingly accept 1/4 of their current pay while not trying to use the position to abuse their power. Those will be my real heros and they are true patriots. All others are just apples. These are just high risk professions with compensation.

I think that it is the most stupid statement that I ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that you should sell your lights at 75% off. That would make you a good vendor!!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0

Way to go generalizing a large group of people based on the actions of a few, yet you are completely fine disregarding the major drug abuse of Whitney and that it had any negative affect at all. Lets go generalize the other 99.9% of everyone serving based on that less than 0.01%........ Seems right don't you think?

May the one without sin cast the first stone buddy.

Here is the quote im referring to if you forgot.

No apology needed. I'm sure you can feel justified in distilling the entire contribution to society that she provided into focusing on her weakness. A very visible one lived in the public eye.

I will take great satisfaction knowing she still had a more positive role in society than you did.

I'm not even a fan and I can tell that.

Small edit. need to be nice.

Heres a !WoW! for you chief. I'll add it in for you.

Last edited:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
That illustrates how some people can accept the group as a whole in spite of the callous actions of a small percentage and at the same time disregard a persons entire contributions because of a flaw in character or judgement.
I don't know anyone who is perfect yet I know too many people who expect perfection.

Pepper spray being used as an effective tool for getting people to move. Awesome, I should try that in the subway.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Vendors are just vendors not heros nor patriots. It's just our professions we choose to be in.

And people who protect choose their "profession".

Just like you chose to make lights others choose to protect the country or protect the public. And you have the gall to say that they should only get paid 1/4 of what they earn. As far as I know the US military professionals, do not get paid much at all. They are worth more than that. There is nothing we can do with for them in that case.

I would like to see you take your 1/4 of your salary and live on it and have a family. Better yet why don't you step up to the plate and donate 3/4 of your money to help protect people!

I'm sorry but you have to be the most un-patriotic person in the country, maybe you should join up with Obama and not salute the flag!!!!

nautilus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I think Wingo suggests is for them to willingly accept just 1/4 and donate the rest to charity, and not for it to be as their written in the stone pay grade. This post has been degraded due to the fact that some have started attacking what they wish to be as a tribute to the Ms. Houston. A tribute to HER GOOD works and NOT TO GLORIFY her bad decisions. About media coverage: Some groups in our society wouldn't get enough media coverage, because, they don't want it in the first place. Most military deaths have to be kept secret by military itself, it's bad image for the military to have couple of mortalities. Military even impose media blackout, so how, we general public give opinions if we should honor or not? It is then left within military itself to give honor, quitely. Besides, real heroes doesn't need media hoopla. Thats why they're called heroes, selfless service without expecting anything. They feel good about that.
If we say we have to look the whole picture, her death and drug addiction is just one color in the whole canvas of painting. Profiling her compared to some drug users, she's not professional user as some hip hop or rockstar who started early in life, just to have some fun whatsoever. She started most likely when her marriage started to dwindle, coupled by having a bad boy husband, who most likely introduced her to such bad habit. The whole picture must be seen when she just started in her profession, giving her heart to please the listening public, and let them feel goodbrought about by her angelic voice.
The people are giving tribute to her good works, which is a loss to listenig pubic and not to glorify drug addiction and addicts.
DOWN to drug dealers and people in power who let them operate in the neighborhood. :tired:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Time to close this thread.

Not by me, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is influenced by the entire picture.

Whitney Houston = Drug Addict not deserving of idolization
Michael Jackson = One less name off the Sexual Offender Registry
Steven Segal = Womanizer and Abuser of women
The list goes on.

I agree others are entitled to their opinions as well. Unfortunately some get blinded by the fame and fortune.

I look at it this way, if my daughter came up to me and told me she wanted to be just like Whitney, I would be very concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: