dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
I been dealing with a few people well lately and i had a bad deal that i am not to happy with the results I traded a coral pack for a tang and that s$$t didn't even last a day in my tank and i was thinking of letting it go but the more i think about it the more it get me piss so I going to put this out there if u jerk me I will not deal with u ever again this is a hobby I can't remember the last time I pass any bad goods I never jerk/pass any bad goods / no show ect so if someone do that with me from now on I will not have any future deals with u ..really for some of the bs some of u fellow reafer put someone true its easier to just go to the lfs or order that s$$t online I always got some cash on deck for what ever I want so trade-in with some of u reefer is only for the fun of the hobby ... Damn some of u bum reefer need to get ur reefing game up

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I had that happen to me a long time ago with my light setup. Thought I was getting some good frags. Dude brand me some week as$ crap. I wanted to turn it away but I had driven to drop off. Got cash and these week frags. Pissed me off so much so I deff feel u on the topic. But otherwise the friends and people I deal with in the hobby now is more the way to go. Gotta choose your battles and fight the good fight. Lol.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
this happens a lot here, especially when your selling. i once had someone low ball me to death, then the POS didn't even purchase the item. It's as if they get a rise off of that kind of behavior. But what goes around comes around.

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
I might as well join the party! Maybe a month ago I purchase 2 polyps of "My Clementine?s" from a member here. I offer to pay for shipping, but after a long conversation, it was apparent the seller never shipped corals. I took 1/2 day off from work I drove 2.5 hours to pickup this frag of "My Clementine?s"! Prior to leaving, I had called the seller and told him that I was in a hurry, to get back to the Poconos and to have zoa frag ready for me that to be outside at least a few minutes being that in Manhattan there is no where to park. I parked maybe a 1/2 block from his place on a no parking hoping a cop or meter cop did not see me. I called the seller; he said he will be in a few minutes that he had to bag the zoa. It was more than 15 minutes and I was super piss. This seller had no job, and I could not understand why he could not be punctual...That?s what happen when you pay someone in advance. He presents me the frag of Clementine?s with 2 other frags all in the same bag, not floated! These were on the bottom of the bag lying on the polyps. I was more furious. I gave him several frags rubber band on pieces of Styrofoam floating upside down. I flat out told him that he gave me garbage and show no respect to me, the way he gave me these corals. I took pictures and will post them later today, so you can see why this My Clementine?s and the other zoa did not make it. And Yes, I will not deal with this joker again. I'm not perfect, but if I gave, trade or sold something, and there was a DOA Damm I will take care of the buyer or trader.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Honestly I'm confused here.

What is the definition of bad goods? You buying a fish and it dying in a day really doesn't strike me as bad goods lol.

If I bought something from someone and they were a "stand up guy" and the fish died I wouldn't come to the conclusion that they jerked me...

Is this person a vendor? A stealth vendor? Or just a hobbyist like most of us?

I just had a fish die overnight for no apparent reason..

There's obviously so many things that could of happen. saltwater livestock can be easily stressed especially tangs! Especially if someone bullied him, bad acclimation or even just bad luck. Temp changes etc..

If you deal with someone and you come to the conclusion That they ripped you off there must have been other things that brought you to that conclusion.. Unless your just being unreasonable. Which I doubt you are..

You haven't really given too much information!

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
It really sucks that we have to deal with such issues out here, it really bites to play ocean roulette everytime your driving across the city to deal with a person i never met and hope im getting what i payed for , thank god for that reefer rating!

This is why i dont buy things from people without a good rating backing them or a solid refferal from another reefer, i mean im practically a noob a year and a half later but i always try and out- do myself when im dealing with another person for the first time, but i believe that presentation is key to who you are as a seller or buyer behind the avatars.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Reef Rating help but there is no gurantee. There are genuine newbies and new comers with low reef ratings. Be cautions to all and keep in mind not all transactions will go smoothly. Try and have a backup plan at all times>

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: