saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Gotta say everyone knows the Cobra 148 gtl, it was super modifiable , I had my days as a teen in the radio world, I had a cobra 148 , a uniden 2510 I believe, and my good old ranger 2950 with my sadelta me3 echo mike and my silver eagle desk mike , wow I can still remember my twin Antron 3000 helix coil antennas pointing to the ssb stars lol , good times man good times!!! Oh and let's not forget those handy linear amps lol when you really wanted to squash mud ducks!

Custom05Taco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Gotta say everyone knows the Cobra 148 gtl, it was super modifiable , I had my days as a teen in the radio world, I had a cobra 148 , a uniden 2510 I believe, and my good old ranger 2950 with my sadelta me3 echo mike and my silver eagle desk mike , wow I can still remember my twin Antron 3000 helix coil antennas pointing to the ssb stars lol , good times man good times!!! Oh and let's not forget those handy linear amps lol when you really wanted to squash mud ducks!

Yup lol I had a 148 modified with a 300 watt linear hooked up to a car battery in my bedroom I had the Antron with two 10' extensions. Wow brings back memories.

Do you know if riptide is still around

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yeah Wingo 2W will cover 300 ft. no problem. It all depends on what the walls constructed of. If its a more conventional wooden studded with Sheetrock walls it should go through it no problem from that short of a distance. If its a concrete wall it will probably cause some issues but still may penetrate if there are multiple sets of doors into that room. RF will find anyway it can to get through- gaps and voids. If you get strong cell signal is another way of judging. Good luck.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Actually- no and no.

I never aspired to be a truck driver and the equipment and install did not cost more than the Jeep.

Since when did you become an expert on what CB equipment costs? When was the last time you shopped for a class C amp? opposed to a class A, B or AB biased? When's the last time you priced out the coax I use? When was the last time you talked to my alternator guy for a bracket and alternators? My guess is you haven't so you shouldn't comment on what I spend my money on and especially how much I spend because you have no clue what I spent.

And my install was done by me, not a shop so the install cost me $0. The changes made throughout the project he did for free and chalked it up to R&D.

Last edited:

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Well since i specialize in auto electronics and anything and everything you can put into a vehicle, yea i know what it costs and what it does. Also one of the best alternator builders in the US is located in NJ. Not my shop but i use them. And yea that equipment and install, and sending things out to Utah. Pretty close to the price of that Jeep. And truck drivers do use their CB's quite often. Although the not as complex as your set up and lacking the range of yours. They still use them.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Again, lets agree to disagree there are so many variables with the CB side that you DO NOT KNOW unless youre into it. Installing electronics and any other kind of stereo or anything trust me is very different than installing cb equipment, it's much simpler and needs far less cables- power and coax- you're done, no crossovers, rca, usb, no distribution blocks gold plated blah blah blah

Dont tell me who talks and doesnt talk. Keep your comments on a hobby you dont partake in the same way as you- out of the equation. And AGAIN NOOOOO- I wont list what I spent on my equipment but it did not cost close to what my Jeep cost.

Why must you insist on coming into threads like you have a clue about everything and everyones expenses? Stop sh%TTing up the thread with you trying to prove you know something you dont.

Dont you have another project car you can start so we can get another wonderful break from your antics?----shoo fly shoo.

The one they love to hate --yes because you act like a jack ass on the regular.

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Even if you spent 100k on your hobby what does it matter, who's business is it. If it makes you happy and don't hurt anybody else keep doing it.

Just remember your going to be dead a very long time.

Exactly. I just don't like people trying to tell me what I did or didn't do/spend. I don't ever do that to anyone, especially via silly/stupid comments on a subject I have 0 reason to have input about anything to do with it.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
jimmy is getting antsies..... must be the history betw/ you two...or was that with triggerman.....lol. or perhaps the puppies are keeping him up at night and getting up way early in the morning.

i am an expert at YOUR hobby. i've watched numerous episodes of b.j. and the bear.....:eek:.

what does CB stand for again? nevermind....googled it....citizen band?
what if you're not a citizen and just a tourist on a 6 months visa?....hahaha

yes i am bored at work.:tired:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: