JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Fish don't need cycled water. I wonder if they're using denitrators on each system tho and what type of enzyme they're using to get the system jump started.

For the record tho... I wouldn't stock a system as quickly as they do but I've put mid/high range fish in freshly made saltwater without issues.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Dre,

At least the Priest is one guy that won't have to answer to his other half about how much the new additions to his aquarium is costing. 0;)

Every job has to have it's perks

and it's not 57,000 gallons.... it's 75K and even better it has 3 full time care takers

nyreefjunkie

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
thats crazy everyone has there own opinion on how to start up and what works i just saw them dumping the fish in in fresh made water i also figured they used the water with bacteria that come in those jugs, aslo most people on there have a huge budget and are impatient and not willing to see an empty tanks for months

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Its not the water that needs cycling.
It is the substrate and other items these clowns are coming up with to put in their gaudy systems. You could take a completely cycled system and replace the water in it and you will still have a cycled system.
Maybe these as_hats are cycling the items in another system to build up a bacteria population before they put their installations together.

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
the show is PRODUCED....which means its very fake to a degree, you only see what they want you to see. These tanks could be running for months/years and they edit it to look like it was done in 24 hours etc. Just like "survivor" ....fake and produced If its on tv, its rigged including the media...

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Regardless of if they were running forever or not- from a rumor I heard they will only do jobs that are in the tens of thousands. Especially if that's true, if I paid them that kind of money to put a tank in my hotel like they did the mob themed tank in Vegas, I'd be PISSED if I came in and saw they were not only using tap water, but tap water off a HOT water line(talk about impurities from a hot water heater on top of everything else) and then cooling it down from 92 degrees with ice from my ice machine.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
ATM designed and installed the tanks at the Staten Island Ferry Terminal. Go ask any of the employees who were there how quickly they stocked the tanks and how many dead fish were pulled out in the first week. I don't think they had a producer working on that one...

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
ATM designed and installed the tanks at the Staten Island Ferry Terminal. Go ask any of the employees who were there how quickly they stocked the tanks and how many dead fish were pulled out in the first week. I don't think they had a producer working on that one...

Thank you- when the first tanked thread showed up on here I was saying they should do show T.F.U Tanked Followed Up and interview the clients to see how many losses they suffered after they were done.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: