Jakef150

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Hey there

Some of you know that i have hearing loss so i need your help..

I want to buy iphone 4s for my wife on mother day..

We lives out east of long island..

Which is better voice( less drop , better coverage, att or verizon?

I do see att is a bit cheaper than verizon -

Att offer rollover mins to next month

I think ill go for att-

Any one with att having call problem?

Any advice ?

Thanka
Jake

Thanks
Jake

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Personal experience, VZ for better coverage but slightly higher monthly. AT&T nice if traveling overseas often, buy a local SIM and be done with it.

Is Verizon still not able to use data/voice simultaneously? I never thought I would have a need to, or run into a situation where I needed to -- but damn, I had to once and that was annoy as hell. :(

empire

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
i have both carriers, the gf has AT&T and i have Verizon, we both have iPhones. what I noticed was that AT&T iPhone downloads are much faster, and I can surf the web and talk on the phone simultaneously. In order for my verizon iPhone to do that, i have to be on wifi. I won't even get an iMessage if I am on the phone and not on wifi (with my verizon iPhone). My gf pay's $110 for her bill, which gives her unl texting, unl cellphone calls to any provider, 450 landline mins, 5gb tethering. I pay $125 for pretty much the same thing, except tethering. The only reason why I keep my verizon phone is bc of work. coverage wise, it's pretty much the same for me. I'm usually around manhattan, central, and north jersey.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I had Verizon for 6 years they are expensive and their customer service is the absolute WORST! They don't care and never want to help you. Even being a customer for that long and buying numerous expensive phones it did not matter. My fiance' had AT&T and told me to just go on her plan and let me tell you..I couldn't be happier! AT&T is by far the BEST customer service out of any provider and I have had them ALL. If you have an issue they make sure they take care of it and 99% of the time the people really want to help you and have a great attitude. I had issues and on 2 or 3 occasions they made my bill 0. Credited me all over the place with no problem. I've only had them for about a year and a half or so and I have been credited over $500 on my line. My fiance also went to greece a few years back and we called up to ask about charges out there they said something like 50 cents per text message and a dollar a minute. She called her family out there from her phone and figured it was like a local call. She came back home and got a bill for 2 grand. We called up they explained about it being through a 3rd party carrier and the person should have explained that and it was like $3.50 a min and like $2 for a text or something crazy so they credited like $1500. The next month bill came in at $1500, we were very confused. We called them up they explained that the second week she was there was a new billing cycle so it was a different issue and they credit like another $1200. If it was verizon we would have been eating that bill and had to pay it. That alone made me want to switch. I had problems with my voyager phone and verizon would not give me another phone they kept saying I had to get 3 replacements of the same phone in 30 days and then I could get another model. Long story short I had NINE replacement voyagers and they refused to help me..I would go to the store they would tell me call, I call they tell me go to the store. I just got jerked around constantly and they never helped me. When I said I was going to cancel my service their response was "Well you have every right to do that sir but there is going to be a $350 cancellation fee" I'm not sure on the exact amount but it was something ludicrous. I would rather train a messenger pigeon to give people messages than get verizon ever again. With AT&T you get rollover minutes, unlimited texting,good data plans and not only that but if you have a family plan or any plan I think over 69.99 or something you can get unlimited mobile to ANY mobile. Not 5 friends..not 10 ANY CELL PHONE ! The only way your minutes get deducted is when you call a land line so pretty much it's unlimited calling. We have 3 phones on the plan and I have like 5,000 rollover minutes. I don't know what the difference is in coverage out there it really depends on the area and there's a lot of trees and stuff out there so I noticed on the LIE it was tough to get good reception sometimes but I think that would be any carrier in that situation. Other than that I have no problems with AT&T. I'm also not a big fan of iphones they are crap look into the samsung galaxy S 2 it is way better than an iphone nice big screen ,it's lighter and easier to hold. A better choice overall. My fiance has lots of issues with her iphone I have ZERO with my galaxy. The best phone I have ever owned HANDS DOWN! Good luck bro!

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
AT&T.
It's faster than Verizon since they are not HPSA+ compatible. And, if you unlock it, you can use it overseas. Also the secondary market is great for gsm iPhones. I don't pay for upgrades anymore.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
My personal experience with AT&T is horrible-I even try to use their "Boost type technology" for increasing the connectivity but to no avail. The signal, switching ability of Verizon definitely is MUCH better than AT&T in Flushing. However, I can assume the customer service of Verizon must be VERY bad inheriting the old hierarchy of old NY telephone company(ies). Customer service of AT&T is sometimes good sometimes bad, they do credit for things they cannot deny it's their problem. However, they cannot help me in the case when I first got my iphone3gs. I bought it in the months when Apple/AT&T will not rebate them when you switch over to the 4. Before I bought the 3gs, I asked the AT&T store sales rep whether I should wait for 1 or 2 months to get the iphone4 when it released. He said, "No issue, there will be an upgrade plan". It turned out that there is no such plan for that one or two month(there are upgrade plans for earlier buyers and rebate plan for later buyers-like May buyers due to the internet uproar) when I get it. I think it's a Mar/April thing which AT&T skipped. I called numerous times and numerous levels of the customer services dept, the local sale rep told the headquarter that he assumed there will be a plan for me because he knew of upgrade plans for earlier buyers, I still do not get a credit for the mis representation of the local store rep. or a poor marketing glitch the headquarter has omitted. Think about it, AT&T sale rep admitted the error he made, the headquarter is not honoring their employes' own confession. SO DON'T LISTEN to any sales rep for anything from now on. AT&T will not honor what their sales rep said!!!! So friends of mine who used to have iPhone, get iPhone 4 cheaper than me and those who bought two months later also are cheaper than mine by over $100.

More and more visitors of mine from MR start to notice the poor signal they had in my area, they almost have to run out to the street in front of the house to redial back to the caller.

To further understand AT&T NYC service ability, you can expect they will concentrate in the city area even amount tall buildings but ignore most if not all surrounding towns. I have good reception in New Jersey, upstate New York(Well, Verizon's connection still beats AT&T in most of the valleys and mountains of upstate NY though), once you enter certain area in the suburb of NYC, you are potentially in trouble. DO NOT expect they will fix that. New World Mall in Flushing once offered AT&T to put their so called "antennas", relays... on the roof FREE of rent but AT&T instead ask for an installation charge even though they know the whole area there is a AT&T dead zone. That means, they are either too financially stricken to make their network right or they care less about their customers in the non financial grid.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: