motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
dude, i still cant get thru that poem.. i can handle alot and ive seen alot been thru the grunt of it.. ive worked on children and lost them, and it goes away and you will never see it in my face.. but you bring up my lost boy and that damn poem and im like a little girl who lost her teddy bear... lol

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Ok, well I'm off tomorrow morning to Ohio.

Mom decided since we weren't making a huge deal over mothers day this year, that she wants to meet the puppies before they get big.

Sooo, instead of me heading out monday to Ohio to see the pups and pick up Daisy to deliver her to her new forever home, she took monday off of work and we're leaving together tomorrow for Ohio, seeing the pups tomorrow night, go out to dinner and a movie there for moms day and then drivin back with Daisy Monday morning.

She and I will be staying at Moms place until Wednesday morning then I'm delivering Daisy to her new dad and mom- Scott and Victoria....One catch-----THEY'RE IN VERMONT!!!! LOL

Thought they lived in Jersey- they moved hehe. So come Wednesday I'll be driving 6 - 6 1/2 hours to deliver Daisy to her new home, staying over up there somewhere or on the way back and then getting home sometime Thursday. Lots of traveling for me in the next 5 days, all well worth it though, I'll see my babies again, mom will meet them for the first time and Daisy will get to her loving humans that are anxiously awaiting her arrival.

I talked to Motortrendz, gave him the open invite to visit her at my moms place and to crash there or even take a nap for a while before heading home and he is considering it....All in all great times to come!!!

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Brother you are the patron saint for bullies, lol 10 hour drive each way to ohio then anothe 6 1/2 hours each way to vermont, I couldnt do it.. but I did my part lol.. i realld didnt realize they had moved, i though they lived here in jersey still, thats how i knew them bc he was a student of mine at the fire academy taking the EMT course.. but either way this dog was saved, mostly by you jim, i just put your info into the right chanels.. im hoping to get over to you tuesday after i get out of the firehouse im working a 24 monday and covering half of the next tour tuesday and should be out by 4-5 intead of 7 so 36hrs strait will be fun.. but i wanna come see the dog.. so we will see how it all plays out..

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
wow...jimmy. you go above and beyond for daisy. i hope the people in vermont take really good care of her.

man...you must like driving. my son will be going to school in new hampshire this fall and i don't know how many times i would drive up to visit.....i can't drive long distance anymore.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
wow...jimmy. you go above and beyond for daisy. i hope the people in vermont take really good care of her.

man...you must like driving. my son will be going to school in new hampshire this fall and i don't know how many times i would drive up to visit.....i can't drive long distance anymore.

C'Mon Tom,

EXTREME Retirees at its finest!!!

.....in all seriousness tho, this kind of stuff is what makes NY Firemen a different breed. (No pun intended). First week of being retired & still saving lives! U just can't make this stuff up.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Thanks guys but I was just the middleman. The credit belongs with Sandi my boxer breeder and motortrendz. All I did was post the info Sandi gave me and Mike was the one who's spreading the word even further that actually placed her. All I'm doing is the delivery. Sure it's a lot of traveling but hey I'm retired so I have nothing but time.

Met daisy last night.........she's a true bulldog lol. She played real rough, grabbed my arm a bit too hard but as soon as I gave her an ahh ahh! NO! she realized and stopped.

She listened pretty well when I wanted her to sit even with the distraction of my breeders 3 boxer girls 75 feet from us. She barked and tried to get to them......to play not attack. She had also gotten out on the woman fostering her yesterday morning and was over near my breeders fencing again prancing around looking to socialize not fight.

All in all great signs. No aggression just lots of pent up energy that needs to be bled off and she needs structure. After that I really do believe shell be a model citizen.

Well off to the breeders house in a bit. Will post again when home again.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Got home 8:30 last night with Daisy. She did great in the car! 11 hours and not a sign of car sickness. She is a real sweetie. Knows sit, paw, other paw and stay. She doesn't try to get up on the couch really unless you invite her and when she comes up she only does to lay and sleep on you.

She slept with me on the couch last night, no accidents in the apartment. Let me know when she needed to go out and did all of her business everytime you take her on the leash.

Scott and Victoria are getting a great new addition to their household.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
Got home 8:30 last night with Daisy. She did great in the car! 11 hours and not a sign of car sickness. She is a real sweetie. Knows sit, paw, other paw and stay. She doesn't try to get up on the couch really unless you invite her and when she comes up she only does to lay and sleep on you.

She slept with me on the couch last night, no accidents in the apartment. Let me know when she needed to go out and did all of her business everytime you take her on the leash.

Scott and Victoria are getting a great new addition to their household.

wow...she sounds great. they are indeed getting a sweetie. i'm jealous.
kudo's to you man.....now it's the delivery drive.....:bunny:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
wow...she sounds great. they are indeed getting a sweetie. i'm jealous.
kudo's to you man.....now it's the delivery drive.....:bunny:

Yeah man. I''' tell ya I thought boxers played rough? They aint got S$%# on an American Bulldog lol.

Will be leaving tomorrow at around 11:30 am so I hope to be there with stops included between 5 and 6 at night.
Here are some pics taken at random times throughout the trip home and in the apartment:
IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
C'Mon Tom,

EXTREME Retirees at its finest!!!

.....in all seriousness tho, this kind of stuff is what makes NY Firemen a different breed. (No pun intended). First week of being retired & still saving lives! U just can't make this stuff up.

Thanks man, but all firemen are like me for a creature that knows no evil and is in a jam........

Even the DJF's----Dirty Jersey Firemen LMAO(sorry Mike, had to throw one dig in there)

In all seriousness, I just put up the thread and Mike did the rest. All kudos should go to him and Sandi that's for sure. Actually them two AND Carla, the lady that fostered her so she didn't wind up in a kill shekter for 3 weeks even though she was WAAAAAAAAAYYY to strong for Carla to handle, she had NEVER owned a dog before and she took on one of the most stubborn, strong minded and powerful breeds out there.

jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks man, but all firemen are like me for a creature that knows no evil and is in a jam........

Even the DJF's----Dirty Jersey Firemen LMAO(sorry Mike, had to throw one dig in there)

In all seriousness, I just put up the thread and Mike did the rest. All kudos should go to him and Sandi that's for sure. Actually them two AND Carla, the lady that fostered her so she didn't wind up in a kill shekter for 3 weeks even though she was WAAAAAAAAAYYY to strong for Carla to handle, she had NEVER owned a dog before and she took on one of the most stubborn, strong minded and powerful breeds out there.

Best of luck with the beautiful dog. I knew someone had taken her before I could ask my wife LOL. I have a shihpoo (sp?) and my wife probably would have given me the look but I would have asked. Very noble of you to take the dog in, best of luck.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Best of luck with the beautiful dog. I knew someone had taken her before I could ask my wife LOL. I have a shihpoo (sp?) and my wife probably would have given me the look but I would have asked. Very noble of you to take the dog in, best of luck.

Thanks but I didn't take her. I delivered her from Ohio to Vermont. She only stayed with us for Monday and Tuesday nights. Delivered her to her new home yesterday.

I already have 2 boxer pups coming home next month so it was completely out of the question, all I did was put it out there and she found a nice couple to take her.

Thanks again Mike....

jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks but I didn't take her. I delivered her from Ohio to Vermont. She only stayed with us for Monday and Tuesday nights. Delivered her to her new home yesterday.

I already have 2 boxer pups coming home next month so it was completely out of the question, all I did was put it out there and she found a nice couple to take her.

Thanks again Mike....

Like my wife always says......RIF. Wow, that was very nice of you.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Like my wife always says......RIF. Wow, that was very nice of you.

Thanks very much- any shelter out there would have put here down just because of her being too close to a pitbull. She really is a sweetiepie and it would have been a shame to let her die. Thanks again for the kind words.

Here's a little vid of her I tried taking of her sleeping but she woke up lol. You'll see her true nature- especially wakin up to seeing me! lol

The thought of that being put down just because of the misunderstanding of bullie breeds would have been an absolute tragedy.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: