jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Tanked annoys me because people ask for a tank to be up in 2 weeks. My cycle lasted double that. It's obviously fake but has some entertainment value. The fish kings boss is an A hole but they have a young Asian guy who seems like he's the real science behind everything. Seems like he truly cares about fish and their well being.

Tv just riding the fish tank wave. I just cringe at how many little fish will be killed in the process. ( not to mention the kids/ppl that watch a show and think they can keep a sw tank cuz they watched "educstional reality" tv)

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I can personally assure you that when you spend that much on a tank, you care if the thousands of dollars in fish that just went in make it. Most clients, regardless of tank (or wallet) size, care about the fish if not just for the level of investment. The last meeting we took for a large 6 figure home reef was mostly consumed with filtration and building around it so the fish would be healthy, maybe 30 minutes on actual aesthetics and the other two hours plus was just on proper filtration and where and how we get the fish.

If you really want to see ATMs work in person after the fact just visit the SI Ferry Terminal and talk to the employees who were there when it was installed. Stocked to capacity on day 1 followed by days of removing dead fish. The filtration room is just pallet filtration from Aquatic Eco (cheap and easy) and a lot of it is broken.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Tanked annoys me because people ask for a tank to be up in 2 weeks. My cycle lasted double that. It's obviously fake but has some entertainment value. The fish kings boss is an A hole but they have a young Asian guy who seems like he's the real science behind everything. Seems like he truly cares about fish and their well being.

Tv just riding the fish tank wave. I just cringe at how many little fish will be killed in the process. ( not to mention the kids/ppl that watch a show and think they can keep a sw tank cuz they watched "educstional reality" tv)

most of them that sign up for the show sign contracts stating that if anything dies after they put it in there not liable of any maintenance issues or anything like that. they have had allot of issues so far they have been stated in the paper i forget where i seen it but its really wrong to the fish and wildlife of what they do... its a good show but its really wrong to just dump fish and coralvinto un cycled water.. nutrisea water " just ADD FISH" my @$$

tanked over the other show.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I can personally assure you that when you spend that much on a tank, you care if the thousands of dollars in fish that just went in make it. Most clients, regardless of tank (or wallet) size, care about the fish if not just for the level of investment. The last meeting we took for a large 6 figure home reef was mostly consumed with filtration and building around it so the fish would be healthy, maybe 30 minutes on actual aesthetics and the other two hours plus was just on proper filtration and where and how we get the fish.

If you really want to see ATMs work in person after the fact just visit the SI Ferry Terminal and talk to the employees who were there when it was installed. Stocked to capacity on day 1 followed by days of removing dead fish. The filtration room is just pallet filtration from Aquatic Eco (cheap and easy) and a lot of it is broken.

i was there when those 2 tanks were installed i lived in staten island my whole life. they wear scuba suits to clean the tank lol. but it was so not cool when they did that and i wasn't even into the hobby at that time. i was young didn't no anything about it and still was in shock..

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I like the fact that Tanked is funny and the guys are from NY. I also like the fact that Sometimes they do see to care about the fish. I just started watching ftk and i like the way they show their accimation center and dive for fish themselves. That part was cool. There was a link on here that showed an interview with both of them from fish tank kings. The asian guy said the show made him wear glasses and he doesn't even wear them lol.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I am reviving that as I was wondering: what happened to the tanks at the Staten Island Ferry? I had seen them when they had African cichlids in them, but apparently they have been removed in 2019 to be replaced by "something else related to the local projects 1 billion oysters": did that ever happen?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: