Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Any recommendations? I'm looking online but just wanted to see if anyone had firsthand opinions. We're looking to stream a live feed of the 300gal reef at the store so it has to be HD and have good color rendition.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I have a 720P action cams for ~$125-$199. I will check which one is still here. Outdoor bright light setting, the image and color is good. Never try on aquarium settings.

1080P models can be ordered starting from $300 and up.

But for commercial purposes, I think you have to go for the more prosumer based camcorder with much bigger CCDs for low light situation.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The concern right now is that the tank is lit entirely by 490w of orphek LEDs and we want the color to be accurate. I know it's going to also depend on the end user equipment but I know that LEDs are hard to get right on camera to begin with.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I don't think that the end user equipment will really matter. Most displays now will not have an issue with good color, most will not be calibrated for true color. I think the issue will be trying to get a camera that will show the correct colors.

Idk if there is a camera that you can do a custom white balance for. But that is what you need to have to get Real colors.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: