Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I don't know any personally but Hackensack Roofing has been around for probably 30 years or more so that should count for something. It's going to come down to whether or not you already have too many layers or not.

If you have 3 layers than they'll have to strip all of them down to get down to your plywood sheathing. This is the more costly situation.

If you only have 1 or 2 layers than they can put down the new layer right on top.

The only other factors will be size of the dumpster needed if they have to rip off the old, if sheathing has to be replaced from rotting because of water/ice damage and the grade of roofing materials you want them to use. There usually isn't a huge differnence from one roofing company to another. It is an extremely competive industry.

Becareful, I'd be more interested in quality over price point when you're doing a roof. A poorly done roof can cost you a lot more when water damage happens and the difference in cost had you gone with the higher priced company would probably be less than your insurance deductible.

Last edited:

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
thanks Sonny,

its actually roof on the old house that needs to be replaced. the insurance company gave me some %$#@ about the roof that they were already insuring for the past 7 years. gotta be fixed so it is what it is. i didnt think they did residential, ill give hack. roofing a try

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
If they gonna strip the old roof be carefully some of the old roofing materials have Asbestos in it so keep away when they gonna be removing it . Can't recommend anyone in your area but one thing is for sure to many fake Roofers out there make sure u get a written warranty on the new roof good luck.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: