NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
dont waste your money wrapping the car, and it isnt as easy as jaa says it is, especially a PROFFESIONAL looking job, and time of year having it done doesnt matter, you would be doing it inside out of the elements anyways. guy that does stripes for us at work does it also, it isnt cheap either, think the quote for my motorcycle was right around a grand, i was gonna chrome cover it before painting it chrome, but didnt realize the cost. , plus rock chips ect take their toll. i am a huge fan of the 3m clear bra's though for protection for paint chip protection

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Vinyl wrap is legit. Just make sure that you use 3M vinyl. Other, cheaper, brands will fade and not hold up to normal wear and tear. A typical car will run $3-5000, but you've got the right idea with reselling. Paint in permanent. When you get sick of the color, you just peel the vinyl off and the paint underneath is minty fresh. I've got a few shops in NJ that can do it.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
I got the clear bra for my car and it's great. I even did the windshield. You should definitely do it for your gtr.

didn't know they do windshield. how does it hold up against highway pebbles and something caught under windshield wipers like dirt and leaves?

i had the clear bra and the headlights shield but the headlight seem to haze over the hid lights beam/path.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
dont waste your money wrapping the car, and it isnt as easy as jaa says it is, especially a PROFFESIONAL looking job, and time of year having it done doesnt matter, you would be doing it inside out of the elements anyways. guy that does stripes for us at work does it also, it isnt cheap either, think the quote for my motorcycle was right around a grand, i was gonna chrome cover it before painting it chrome, but didnt realize the cost. , plus rock chips ect take their toll. i am a huge fan of the 3m clear bra's though for protection for paint chip protection

The time of year does matter unless you have a garage that is heated and has plenty of space, otherwise you want to wait till it is warmer out as this also let's the material stretch and flex more. The 2 wraps I did were not that hard at all, but I have done things of this nature for years including window tint, so that might be part of it. I would assume any professional shop would have a large enough garage that was heated and had the extra room to lay out the material. Then you could have it done in the winter with no problems. I would still wait till the warmer if it were my car or if I was doing the job.

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Ducati we service the tri-state area if you have a garage we can come to you. If you don't have a garage we are located in yonkers,ny with a shop soon opening in Brooklyn. Give me a buzz 914.438.2697. For your gtr I would recommend full hood, bumper and mirrors. Most places just do cut kits which I don't recommend.
Rick

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Ducati we service the tri-state area if you have a garage we can come to you. If you don't have a garage we are located in yonkers,ny with a shop soon opening in Brooklyn. Give me a buzz 914.438.2697. For your gtr I would recommend full hood, bumper and mirrors. Most places just do cut kits which I don't recommend.
Rick

I would get the fenders done also. I did.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Ya Yonkers may be too far.. I got a price for 1200 entire front end all custom so I will prob go w that..
Time to tune and work this car.. Can't wait! It's already a beast.. I have a friend that is just about to break into the 8's

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Damn gtrs are such monsters. 1200 is a really good price. What company clear bra are they using. You don't want a company that will screw it up.

One day when it's nice out this month I should bring it out to Hicksville. Maybe you wanna check mine out. Free to meet in Hicksville one day Andre?

Last edited:

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Yeah 1200 is very reasonable. Please make sure they are using either ventuashield or dura shield. They are the most optically clear also make sure they clay the car, seal it and use rodi water. Any mineral deposits in the water and under the PPF will destroy your car.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Damn gtrs are such monsters. 1200 is a really good price. What company clear bra are they using. You don't want a company that will screw it up.

One day when it's nice out this month I should bring it out to Hicksville. Maybe you wanna check mine out. Free to meet in Hicksville one day Andre?

Ya I'm down man..
The installer is someone who actually supplies to a lot of the dealers and a lot of other shops.. He cuts it himself and has done a lot of gtrs in ny and on the forums.....
I'll be at the Ferrari/lambo dealers this weekend, and no not for me, but can't miss the opportunity to test drive some of those monsters!

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
212 MOTORING SPORTS DOES IT, a few of my boys did there bmw in black and i even know one of my girl friends she did he CL 63 AMG in hot pink!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: