Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Thanks again everyone for the support.

Russ. It was biopsied and is malignant. Once its out it'll be sent to the lab and be graded to see how invasive it is/was.

I act like nothing's wrong around her. She is uneffected so far. Hopefully it'll be removed, it will turn out it didn't mastasasize anywhere on any organs and we can move forward with no reoccurances.

She also has 3 real real small lumps on her front left leg that I'm going to have removed. They still are small enough that you can't see them just feel. I'll have them removed, biopsied with the one in the pics and have them all grade 1 which would be the best case scenario.

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Jimmy when my dog had her lump removed they did take quite a bite of tissue away from the surrounding area. For a lentil size lump my had an 8" incision. If they do the same for your girl don't be alarmed. In a week my dog was walking around like nothing happened. Years later I forget/can't tell which side the cut was on.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Jimmy when my dog had her lump removed they did take quite a bite of tissue away from the surrounding area. For a lentil size lump my had an 8" incision. If they do the same for your girl don't be alarmed. In a week my dog was walking around like nothing happened. Years later I forget/can't tell which side the cut was on.

I'm expecting a nice sized area to be messed with. I would actually be more nervous if it was a small area. Thanks for thinking about the heads up Rich.

I started her on Tagamet/Benadryl today and shell remain on that for 3 weeks as well as ruby. My vet does it twice yearly 3 weeks long for each of her dogs as a preventative treatment.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hey Jimmy,
Good luck. She will pull thru no problem. Laila has been cancer free for 1yr now. She had her lump removed about 6-7 months ago. When they have the surgery it was a big incision but she acted like nothing happend. I started to use small treats and hide them around for stimulation for her to keep her from trying to lick her wounds. My prayers are with you.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Thanks Brendan, Jess, Giacomo and Pete as well as everyone else again.

Well, tomorrow's the big day. She goes in to get spayed and the tumor removal. Keeping fingers crossed it all goes well and there are no nightmares with the anesthesia or any problems on the operating table. Will be bringing Ruby as well for the car ride and then a bit of Ruby/daddy time. I know she'll be happy as heck when Bella comes home.

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
She's doing real good guys thanks for all the thoughts. Here are some pics and vids from today. They kept her overnight so I picked her up this morning:

Well here are the pics and vids. You don't realize how much of a disaster zone a single male will let themselves live in UNTIL you have to clean up after yourself!! LOL:

On the way to the vet:
IMG_0284_zpsababc3b9.jpg

When we pulled up:
IMG_0295_zps72a63736.jpg

IMG_0296_zpsc3b1b0ce.jpg

When I went to pick her up:
Picking up Bella after surgery - YouTube

The incisions:
photo_zps1dedd9dd.jpg

Bella's homecoming this morning:
Bella's homecoming after surgery - YouTube

Again, excuse the mess. Between me and that we had repairs done on the house this past week to repair damage sustained during Sandy I have crap all over the place:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: